• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 - get it now?
3 3

284 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I think the only grade in which X94 is higher than gsxm is 9.8 due to census being lower for X94 9.8's

The rest of the grades should tell you that GSXM is a more important book

I agree.  Dark cover vs. White cover.  Which one logically wins out?

On 3/3/2019 at 10:24 AM, cosmic_surfer said:

I honestly believe the new demand will come from the increased amount of flipping amongst flippers. You know, the hot potato game. This happens all the time when a book gets hot due to movie speculation. 

I thought that about Hulk 181 a year or two back. But it keeps going up and up, thanks to Hugh Jackman. Now if Disney can just bring back the massive Colossus from Deadpool 1 and add in equally amazing X-Men characters, GS X-Men 1 will explode, too.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:12 PM, Lazyboy said:

That depends on how much you paid. (shrug)

It's a great issue and that looks like a nice copy. (thumbsu

Honestly, I have wanted this book for years, and decided that if I did not pull the trigger now, it may get out of my price range. So I went for it, no regrets. Similar to how I finally pulled the trigger on X-Men 1 the previous year.  Ironically, I paid about the same price for them (granted the XM 1 is a 4.5).

Edited by drotto

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

An obvious error

I don't know? Like IH 181 these high supply high demand books can include weird chaotic results like this. With 181 you had at least one 9.2 (on C-link) go above 9.4s and 9.0s almost equalling or maybe topping 9.2s etc...

Weirdness happens

11 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I don't know? Like IH 181 these high supply high demand books can include weird chaotic results like this. With 181 you had at least one 9.2 (on C-link) go above 9.4s and 9.0s almost equalling or maybe topping 9.2s etc...

Weirdness happens

I do know. This sale will not complete at the final bid price. Trust me (thumbsu

18 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I do know. This sale will not complete at the final bid price. Trust me (thumbsu

When you say the sale will not complete meaning that the winning bidder will renege and not pay? If so does this happen often, I thought technically the winning bidder is obligated to purchase and the auction house does have the bidder's personal info and/or payment info such as bank account or credit card. 

1 minute ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It took 2 bidders to get to that stupid price, so while I don't believe that sale will go through, they should be held accountable.  

This isn't as uncommon as some people think.

Two people both put in nuclear bids that neither one thinks will be beaten.  

*Presto*

An outlier result. 

Winning bidder should pay.  Sometimes you just have to stand up and take your lumps.

In 5 years even this price may look like the good old days.

-J.

11 minutes ago, carefulsum said:
35 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

When you say the sale will not complete meaning that the winning bidder will renege and not pay? If so does this happen often, I thought technically the winning bidder is obligated to purchase and the auction house does have the bidder's personal info and/or payment info such as bank account or credit card. 

Obligated only in the sense that they'll delete your account and not allow you to bid or purchase anything on their site. Maybe permanently? It's not like law enforcement will be kicking down your door because of it. At least I don't think 

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Obligated only in the sense that they'll delete your account and not allow you to bid or purchase anything on their site. Maybe permanently? It's not like law enforcement will be kicking down your door because of it. At least I don't think 

It's a breach of contract so they could sue if they were inclined.  

-J.

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Ok... how can you be so sure?

Because I’m the one that accidentally screwed up the proxy bid (it wasn’t an end of auction nuclear bid, it wasn’t an intentional amount , it was entered early on and not realized to have accidentally added a “5th” number ) and have already communicated with josh about my error 

Edited by G.A.tor