• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 - get it now?
3 3

284 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

It's a breach of contract so they could sue if they were inclined.  

-J.

Humans make errors. It happens. Most companies understand this and in situations where the error is glaring and obvious  , amicable resolutions are easiest 

27 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Humans make errors. It happens. Most companies understand this and in situations where the error is glaring and obvious  , amicable resolutions are easiest 

+1

I'm sure they will have no issues cutting a Gator a little slack.  ;)

It still means somebody else nuked your accidental bid though.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

34 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

It's a breach of contract so they could sue if they were inclined.  

-J.

Can't imagine they'd do that for a 5k auction. Not sure it's worth the cost of litigation? They'd likely re-auction it if the consignor wants. They probably reserve litigation for the really high 5 figure & up books

38 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Because I’m the one that accidentally screwed up the proxy bid (it wasn’t an end of auction nuclear bid, it wasn’t an intentional amount , it was entered early on and not realized to have accidentally added a “5th” number ) and have already communicated with josh about my error 

Reminds me of an old joke I heard here in South FL...

The closer to the coast you get down here the further to the right the decimal point gets on any dollar amount 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Because I’m the one that accidentally screwed up the proxy bid (it wasn’t an end of auction nuclear bid, it wasn’t an intentional amount , it was entered early on and not realized to have accidentally added a “5th” number ) and have already communicated with josh about my error 

So what happens now?

Since your 5k bid was in error so the book is sold for the price of $2,701?

12 minutes ago, carefulsum said:

So what happens now?

Since your 5k bid was in error so the book is sold for the price of $2,701?

No clue...I did not make the 5k bid. 

On 3/3/2019 at 2:29 PM, Lazyboy said:

Irrational market cheerleading = good, normal, not market consultant

Intelligent market analysis = bad, abnormal, market consultant

Gotcha.

Never said any of that, but you continue to be the thrilling conversationalist that you are. 

On 3/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, kimik said:

"You should have gone for White Pages!"

image.thumb.png.6e3ae6029e5c6cb6e14e7abed6d80079.png

That book probably is white pages. Older slab, obviously never been pressed. You made a much better choice than following the white page crowd.

31 minutes ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Never said any of that, but you continue to be the thrilling conversationalist that you are. 

Did you miss the fact that this entire thread is about the market for this book when you accused me of acting like a "market consultant" (whatever that means) instead of a normal person? :screwy:

5 hours ago, MadJimJaspers said:

That book probably is white pages. Older slab, obviously never been pressed. You made a much better choice than following the white page crowd.

Blashpemy!

Just kidding. I own OW-W and W 9.4 copies and can't tell the difference.

Edited by kimik

On 3/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, MadJimJaspers said:

I agree completely. This is the tip of the iceberg. Avengers craze lasted 10+ years. X-men hasn't even started yet.

I'll add that I think X-men will be predominately a streaming service IP though. This will likely become the future of the MCU in my opinion. There's more money in streaming and distributing your own movies than there is in the crazy amount of advertising that goes into blockbuster movies.

This +1000 i see them taking the entire 616 and doing all the things they used to do in comics on streaming. I really think in 10 years this will be the new comic world.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

:roflmao:Keep that dream a-lie-ve.  :banana:

-J.

Ive seen a significant turnaround in books that actually present well over the usual white page premium. I agree that bronze age books will always carry a decent premium on page quality, but just look at the FF48. Recent sales have shown a trend toward white covers over white pages.

1 minute ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Ive seen a significant turnaround in books that actually present well over the usual white page premium. I agree that bronze age books will always carry a decent premium on page quality, but just look at the FF48. Recent sales have shown a trend toward white covers over white pages.

Except.... they don't.

-J.