• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 - get it now?
3 3

284 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Darkowl said:

What do you get when you mix a solid key book with a ton of speculation?

Key words in bold.

21 hours ago, Darkowl said:

Crazy value.

When Disney releases their first X-Men movie, you're going to wish you bought every key X book right now. Seriously. These numbers are small compared to what they WILL look like.

Do you live in some alternate reality in which the X-Men haven't been in the public eye for nearly two decades with regular movie releases? The supply isn't going to shrink beyond normal, nominal attrition, so sustainable price increases (not just blowing up the speculation bubble even more) will have to be due to an increase in demand. Where is the new demand going to come from if it somehow hasn't been created over the last two decades?

3 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Key words in bold.

Do you live in some alternate reality in which the X-Men haven't been in the public eye for nearly two decades with regular movie releases? The supply isn't going to shrink beyond normal, nominal attrition, so sustainable price increases (not just blowing up the speculation bubble even more) will have to be due to an increase in demand. Where is the new demand going to come from if it somehow hasn't been created over the last two decades?

I've already explained myself bro (sorry if you don't have the capacity to follow), and I'd appreciate it if you stopped walking on my balls whenever you respond to my posts. 

Edited by Darkowl

13 minutes ago, Getoutandstayout said:

I know that the X-men movies have been around a while. I thought they were OK (certainly better than the first two Fantastic Four movies and the solo Hulk movies), but they don't match the caliber of the films that Disney/Marvel have been putting out since the first Iron Man in 2008. And I think this is what people are looking forward to. It's too bad that the Russo Brothers have decided to move on from superhero movies. I thought Colossus in the first Deadpool movie was beyond awesome. 7 1/2 ft. tall and massive. That's what audiences want to see. So different from the slender, much shorter, punching bag Colossus created by Fox Studios. If Disney can improve on Wolverine (yes, I think it can even be done without Hugh Jackman) like Colossus was improved in Deadpool, it's going to really fire up the audiences and leave them wanting more. And you know what that always does to first appearances in comics. (thumbsu

Oh, btw, look what came in the mail for me this week. I was finally able to replace what I had to sell last year.

GS-X-Men-1-Feb-23-19.JPG

:applause:

17 minutes ago, Getoutandstayout said:

I know that the X-men movies have been around a while. I thought they were OK (certainly better than the first two Fantastic Four movies and the solo Hulk movies), but they don't match the caliber of the films that Disney/Marvel have been putting out since the first Iron Man in 2008. And I think this is what people are looking forward to. It's too bad that the Russo Brothers have decided to move on from superhero movies. I thought Colossus in the first Deadpool movie was beyond awesome. 7 1/2 ft. tall and massive. That's what audiences want to see. So different from the slender, much shorter, punching bag Colossus created by Fox Studios. If Disney can improve on Wolverine (yes, I think it can even be done without Hugh Jackman) like Colossus was improved in Deadpool, it's going to really fire up the audiences and leave them wanting more. And you know what that always does to first appearances in comics. (thumbsu

Oh, btw, look what came in the mail for me this week. I was finally able to replace what I had to sell last year.

GS-X-Men-1-Feb-23-19.JPG

Glad to hear you got it back! That book is a must in every collection.

I agree, I always felt like Fox was more or less just making movies to keep the intellectual property. We know this was true for the FF franchise, but the X-men (aside from X2 which I will always love regardless of public opinion) always felt watered down. Like they had all the ideas, but the studios said "that will cost too much so just use a latex Juggernaut suit instead..."

Hopefully Disney uses their full arsenal because if any of the Marvel properties deserves it, it would be X-men.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Key words in bold.

Can we not escape to a thread where we can just talk like normal people instead of trying to act like market consultants?

5 minutes ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Can we not escape to a thread where we can just talk like normal people instead of trying to act like market consultants?

I just added him to my ignore list. Got tired of him real fast.

Since we on the subject of "New" team, wonder how you guys feel about GSX1 vs X-men 94. 

To me GSX1 overall is a more important book than Xmen 94 but I guess that being more "rare" is the reason that it sits at a higher value by a lot vs GSX1? 

1 hour ago, carefulsum said:

Since we on the subject of "New" team, wonder how you guys feel about GSX1 vs X-men 94. 

To me GSX1 overall is a more important book than Xmen 94 but I guess that being more "rare" is the reason that it sits at a higher value by a lot vs GSX1? 

I think X94 used to be the more valuable book, which I never understood why, but GSXM1 has surpassed it (for the most part). I agree that GSXM1 is far more important!

Edited by Darkowl

12 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Key words in bold.

I honestly believe the new demand will come from the increased amount of flipping amongst flippers. You know, the hot potato game. This happens all the time when a book gets hot due to movie speculation. 

13 minutes ago, cosmic_surfer said:

I honestly believe the new demand will come from the increased amount of flipping amongst flippers. You know, the hot potato game. This happens all the time when a book gets hot due to movie speculation. 

There's a big difference between new demand and increased market activity from flippers.

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

There's a big difference between new demand and increased market activity from flippers.

Increase in prices are driven by demand. Flippers are affecting prices through increased flipping activities. I agree, some of this may not be “new demand” but it is affecting market prices - similar to how a flock of new collectors are all of a sudden a big fan of GSXM1. 

14 hours ago, MadJimJaspers said:

Irrational market cheerleading = good, normal, not market consultant

Intelligent market analysis = bad, abnormal, market consultant

Gotcha.

20 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

I know that the X-men movies have been around a while. I thought they were OK (certainly better than the first two Fantastic Four movies and the solo Hulk movies), but they don't match the caliber of the films that Disney/Marvel have been putting out since the first Iron Man in 2008.

Totally agreed and those weren't X-MEN movies by 20th century Fox... They were cringe worthy butcher jobs!

9 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Totally agreed and those weren't X-MEN movies by 20th century Fox... They were cringe worthy butcher jobs!

Meh... They had some really good moments, but I agree for the most part.

9 hours ago, Darkowl said:
10 hours ago, carefulsum said:

I think X94 used to be the more valuable book, which I never understood why, but GSXM1 has surpassed it (for the most part). I agree that GSXM1 is far more important!

I think the only grade in which X94 is higher than gsxm is 9.8 due to census being lower for X94 9.8's

The rest of the grades should tell you that GSXM is a more important book