• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Darkness #11 Holoplaid Variant - Double Cover

12 posts in this topic

Howdy folks,

I have a copy of The Darkness issue 11 with the Holoplaid Variant. Long story short I bought it a few years ago and never unbagged it for inspection. Low and behold I think I have an error comic on my hands.  Tbh I am not 100% sure if this is a true error. Finding a copy of the Holoplaid variant is already a massive challenge but the odds of finding an error seems too good to be true. Any insight would be welcomed!

20190224_151447.jpg

Edited by CoinCollector1990

1 hour ago, KvSfan said:

That cover is under the regular foil cover as well, I don't think it's an error.

That's what I thought, but I'm not at all familiar with this book.

2 hours ago, KvSfan said:

That cover is under the regular foil cover as well, I don't think it's an error.

Now THIS is what I need! Which cover are you referring to as the regular foil cover? I have every variant of this comic but this is the only variant with a double. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:09 PM, CoinCollector1990 said:

Now THIS is what I need! Which cover are you referring to as the regular foil cover? I have every variant of this comic but this is the only variant with a double. 

Here's a scan of the chromium variant from mycomicshop.com: 

As you can see, underneath the chromium cover is a small amount of the Silvestri cover visible (the tan/brown bit on the right edge). I don't have either the chromium or the holoplaid, but I would guess that they probably all had the Silvestri cover underneath.

3333758.jpg