• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Let's make a Trade! Several keys available. Even More Books Added!

40 posts in this topic

Based on the success of my JIM83 trade thread, I thought I would try another one.  This one is a little different in the respect that I'd like the end result to be trading one to many keys for a single mega-key, but we'll see what happens.  (If anything...)  I have several books that I would consider trading, but I'm going to post a dozen or so to start and provide a list of some others just to see the level of interest.  I really enjoy this kind of thread, because it's more about the nostalgic collecting aspect that I can connect to rather than the pursuit of the almighty dollar.  (Though there is nothing wrong with that, either.)  So onto the rules:

Rules: 

Pretty much any grade, though I'm not really looking to add a lot of cash to a deal.   I have conducted many sales and trades on these boards over the years and can provide multiple references if need be.   

1. Shipping is Free.  As the trading partner will cover their shipping/insurance as well.  CONUS only at this time.  As I'm the thread starter (aka Seller), "buyer" will ship first and once received I will send within 24-hours.

2. As always, books slabbed or raw can only be returned within 48 hours of receipt. Unless I make an error in listing, shipping is on you.

3. Offers are welcome via PM, but in case of any controversy in PM vs In thread, I will be the final arbiter.

4. Checks/MOs or Paypal if applicable.

5. No Probies or HOSers, Please don't test me on this, I will embarrass you if at all possible.

6. Pressing status is unknown for most of these books.  But if I know, I will disclose.

Books I WILL consider but not a complete list.  (Ask you never know...)  I will consider pretty much any grade and potentially restored.  (Though not trimmed)   I do have other books that could be used to make the trade values work.  GPA will be the guide, but I'm pretty easy to work with.  All offers should be via PM Please.  The dollar amount I'm posting is to satisfy board rules.  So, I will sell for that number, but trade value will be in line with GPA for the most part.  

The books I'm looking for:

TOS39

TTA27

FF1

AV1

JIM83 

DD1

Strange Tales 110

Hulk 1

Showcase 4

The books I currently have to trade along with "price" (Setting a sales price to abide by rules.  Trade value will be based on GPA)

Amazing Spider-Man 129 CGC 7.0 (1st Punisher)  $1200

Conan 1 CGC 9.0 (1st in Comic)  TRADED

Savage Sword of Conan 1 CGC 9.6 SS Boris Vallejo (Just plain gorgeous book and gold sig. I believe this is the highest graded Boris signed)  $750

Flash 123 CGC 6.5 (1st Earth-2)  $1500

Flash 110 CGC 5.0 (1st Kid Flash)  $650

Flash 139 CGC 4.5 (1st Reverse Flash)  $600

Ghost Rider 1 CGC 8.0 $400

Swamp Thing 1 CGC 8.5  $350 (I know this one has NOT been pressed.  Can't imagine it not improving.)  TRADED

Detective 311 CGC 9.0 (1st Catman.  Scarce in high grade.  Only 6 graded higher.)  $1000

Brave and The Bold 34 CGC 4.5 (1st Silver Hawkman and Hawkgirl) $500

Superman 24 2.0 (Patriotic Flag Cover)  $1000

Superman 53 1.5 (Origin)  TRADED

Batman 171 CGC 6.5 SS Murphy Anderson (I believe this is the highest graded Murphy SS of Batman 171.  Hasn't been pressed, but has the off center staples.  There cant be many overall.)  $1000  SOLD

Giant Size X-men 1 CGC 6.5 (1st New X-men)  TRADED

Batman 232 CGC 5.0 (1st Ras al Ghul)  $400

Werewolf by Night CGC 7.0 (1st Moon Knight and Mark Jewelers copy) $1200

Incredible Hulk 180 CGC 5.0 (1st Wolverine cameo)  $500 TRADED

Silver Surfer 1 CGC 4.5 SS Sinnott and Lee $1100

Silver Surfer 4 CGC 5.5 $475  TRADED

Sub-Mariner 1 CGC 7.0 $350

Amazing Spiderman 13 CGC 3.5 $900  TRADED

Raws:

Crime SuspenStories 22 1.0/1.5    (This book is rough, but complete.  Spine is mostly split, and the obvious chunk off the top right.  Book is supple.  Not brittle.)  $1300 TRADED

Mask Comics 1 (This book has some amateur restoration.  Reinforcement and Color touch to the cover.  I have no idea how to value this book...)    $1500    TRADED

Amazing Spider-Man 101 5.0 $450. Looks much better but moisture ripple along the top and light stain.  TRADED

Batman 181  6.0 $900

Fantastic Four 48. 3.0/3.5 Bottom staple blown.  😫. Top staple holding.   Looks F- otherwise.  NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Seven Seas 3 $800. 5.0  Really nice book!  Has a couple tears that hold.it out of VF territory and a small piece of unnecessary tape.  Matt Baker cover.  TRADED

Zegra Jungle Empress 5 Crippen Ped with Cert.  Graded 5.5 by Heritage on Cert.   $600

I also have a decent selection of raws in my "to cgc" pile that I'd be willing to trade.  Pics to follow.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by ChasingKingKirby

Hey Michael,

Good luck with your quest!  It's great to see that Batman 171 again and it's such a cool book.  From what I could dig up, there are 2 signed copies higher... one is a 7.0 signed by Joe Giella and there's a signed 8.0 out there, but I can't find any information about who is on that one.  I think when we dealt back and forth on this book, we both believed it to be the highest Murphy Anderson SS. I think you're right and sadly, there won't be any more. :frown:

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and wish you well... these are some killer books that you're offering!