• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has there ever been an explanation from Liefeld concerning what's going on in the Capt America #2 cover??

59 posts in this topic

I actually don't mind Liefeld and enjoy some of his work. This is not a RL bashing thread, those have been done to death and warranted in some cases, this is a .......did he ever give an explanation as to what the heck is going on this cover????Whose face.....why only a face.....and that hand........why? 

1782579408_616WKJokC6L._SX321_BO1204203200_.jpg.356157e638cba783bd35ae811c15a90a.jpg

Let's see if I can dig it up...

Oh yes, here it is:

Rob Liefeld: "I'm not so great at drawing."

Probably for the best if you don't try to verify that quote, but I assure you that it is almost certainly real.

1 minute ago, HarrisonJohn said:

An art book of his work with him explaining what he was thinking could be an interesting read. On this particular piece, I would be interested to know why he spent time making their cheeks so gaunt.

He did that with everyone.  Well men anyway. That wuz just how he drew cheeks-rodent-like.

2 minutes ago, Sal said:

if i was him, i'd just blame the inker.  or the non-credited studio assistants.  or anything, really

He could blame the readers for just not 'getting it'.  That seems to be the Marvel approach.

3 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Has anyone read the issue...is it about body parts? Any insight would be appreciated. Does anyone loose a hand or face?

No one reads Liefeld books so no one has a clue.

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Things are pretty bad as an artist when you cant even properly foreshorten a circular shield

Thank you.  This is mind boggling to me-its so easy to do.  Not only did he screw that up, its also crooked!

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

To me the most distracting and disconcerting thing is the muscle striation/burn scarring on his neck and shoulders

AGREED

I also hate the thighs that are longer than his torso

Edited by Artboy99