• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has there ever been an explanation from Liefeld concerning what's going on in the Capt America #2 cover??

59 posts in this topic

If a human's clavicles were actually located in the position he depicted them they probably wouldnt survive for very long.  That means that whole area is unprotected and a simple blow would stop the heart.

2 hours ago, kav said:

Most of all I hate his gopher mouths.

I hate all the anger and shouting there.

It’s unnecessary.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

Do you think a pinup book by him, showing corrected versions of his most criticized covers, with his own critiques/explanations, would sell?

He would be unable to accomplish that

Edited by kav

3 hours ago, kav said:

If a human's clavicles were actually located in the position he depicted them they probably wouldnt survive for very long.  

This made me giggle maniacally for some reason. 

10 minutes ago, newshane said:

This made me giggle maniacally for some reason. 

The way he depicts rib cages and the thoracic area in general would be non survivable for an actual human.  Plus they would walk on stumps.

22 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

Why blame Rob?

He didn't hire himself.  Shouldn't the editor and publisher explain why they approved the material,?

hm

I dont really blame him except for not at least trying to improve but you're right he had no need to financially.

If memory serves, the floating head was his fake wife who turned out to be a life model decoy.  That is essentially her mask that covered the metallic robotedness.    And what is with Steve's arm?  It looks like the elbow became dislocated. 

Edited by Mercury Man

6 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

If memory serves, the floating head was his fake wife who turned out to be a life model decoy.  That is essentially her mask that covered the metallic robotedness.    And what is with Steve's arm?  It looks like the elbow became dislocated. 

Yes he has several anatomical disorders.  It would be easy to fight someone like that, taco shield and all.  Someone with arms larger than weight lifter's legs would be virtually immobile.  Plus the dislocations, burn scarring, and rib cage issues.

Edited by kav

17 minutes ago, kav said:

Yes he has several anatomical disorders.  It would be easy to fight someone like that, taco shield and all.  Someone with arms larger than weight lifter's legs would be virtually immobile.  Plus the dislocations, burn scarring, and rib cage issues.

Cracked open the issue....check out those looooooong legs!!!!!

RCO011.thumb.jpg.071eb03f667fa3bf3886b9459b521dc6.jpg

Aw damn one of Fury's eyes is farther from the nose and lower than the other.  Alfred E Neuman?  Goonies?

Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 5.46.17 PM.png

Edited by kav

So Fury and Cap are twins? 

The EXACT same face with different hair. lol 

Everyone in the Liefeld Universe had the same grandpa. 

7 minutes ago, Krydel4 said:

You can't tell but I'm posting this through gritted teeth right now.

Hawk-and-Dove-teeth-gnashing.jpg

Human mouths just do not and can not make this shape.

Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 8.27.18 PM.png