• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has there ever been an explanation from Liefeld concerning what's going on in the Capt America #2 cover??

59 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Blastaar said:

RCO011.thumb.jpg.071eb03f667fa3bf3886b9459b521dc6.jpg

I didn’t buy any of his stuff back in the day, so I haven’t covered this ground as thoroughly as most of you, so humor me as I beat this dead horse. 

Her feet! What the purple f&@! is at the end of her legs?! The Tarantula wishes he was walking around on weapons like that! It’s a perfect, straight line from knee to toe! Is her name Glory and those are her blades? AAAAaauughh!

I’m better now. Thank you got your patience in this matter.

Was there no quality control at Marvel? Wonder what other artist at Marvel were thinking at the time. I remember reading an interview with Herb Trimpe a couple years ago where Marvel in the mid 90's had asked him to mimic the style of Liefeld if he wanted to continue to get work. 

9 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Was there no quality control at Marvel? Wonder what other artist at Marvel were thinking at the time. I remember reading an interview with Herb Trimpe a couple years ago where Marvel in the mid 90's had asked him to mimic the style of Liefeld if he wanted to continue to get work. 

I remember Trimpe’s attempt at that; not his finest hour, IIRC. Ultimate Fantastic Four.

14 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Cracked open the issue....check out those looooooong legs!!!!!

RCO011.thumb.jpg.071eb03f667fa3bf3886b9459b521dc6.jpg

I can't stand all the little scratchy lines all over the place around the eyes.

The long gangly out of proportion bodies look terrible.

That first panel is awful.