• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Happened to the Tec 2-22 Sales Thread?
2 2

45 posts in this topic

Just now, seanfingh said:

I looked at it this morning.  I had never seen the vast majority of those covers. It was museum quality.  Craig Flessel did some really cool artwork!

Yah, I was looking at it late last night and just drooling.  Seller probably re-realized how insanely cool the books were and decides he couldn't part with them :)

2 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Over the weekend, Bunky Brian posted a sales thread with almost a complete run of Tec 2 through 22, including several in high grade, but now it seems to have disappeared.  Does anyone know what happened?

And here I figured you two were in negotiations already and he just pulled the thread. :gossip: Most were beyond my means right now, but some gorgeous Lost Valley & Billy Wright copies. The Instagram link will show ya the story. Crazy beautiful books!!!

1 hour ago, waaaghboss said:

Yah, I was looking at it late last night and just drooling.  Seller probably re-realized how insanely cool the books were and decides he couldn't part with them :)

Nope. They are all for sale 

2 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Over the weekend, Bunky Brian posted a sales thread with almost a complete run of Tec 2 through 22, including several in high grade, but now it seems to have disappeared.  Does anyone know what happened?

Probably because they posted on Instagram couldn’t have on boards too?

39 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't use Instagram, but if this is representative of what I've been missing, I should rethink joining.

I feel reasonably confident in saying that a high grade Tec #2-22 thread is not representative of comics being sold on Instagram. :)

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't use Instagram, but if this is representative of what I've been missing, I should rethink joining.

I joined Instagram a few months ago to see what all the talk was about.    A few weeks into it I got a message that someone in Moscow was trying to log into my account... so I deleted it.

I eagerly await the report on your Instagram experience, but you may find it more appropriate to post it in the Modern forum...

Hi all, my apologizes to the boards,

1, one of the books on the thread "was" graded by the other guys, I have cracked the case and prepping it for CGC to grade, the old image was on the link, and I suspect the mods were not happy about that, in retrospect I should have at least gave that full disclosure but I failed to do so,

2, here is what I need verified from you the smart members;

I keep our con stock, not on any site, except a URL link, to post books here on the boards, (at the time of the thread the books were not llisted on IG, that happened the day after my thread was pulled) 

BUT IS HAVING A URL LINK THE SAME AS BEING OFFERED ON OTHER VENEUES? AND IF SO, IN THE FUTURE DO  I NEED TO USE THE "DEALERS, EBAY SALES THREAD" TO BE IN COMPLETE COMPLIANCE, ?    

I appreciate your input,

Brian

7 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

1, one of the books on the thread "was" graded by the other guys, I have cracked the case and prepping it for CGC to grade, the old image was on the link, and I suspect the mods were not happy about that, in retrospect I should have at least gave that full disclosure but I failed to do so,

I keep our con stock, not on any site, except a URL link, to post books here on the boards, (at the time of the thread the books were not llisted on IG, that happened the day after my thread was pulled) 

BUT IS HAVING A URL LINK THE SAME AS BEING OFFERED ON OTHER VENEUES? AND IF SO, IN THE FUTURE DO  I NEED TO USE THE "DEALERS, EBAY SALES THREAD" TO BE IN COMPLETE COMPLIANCE, ?    

I appreciate your input,

Brian

Those were (are) some beautiful books!

I wouldn't think one book from the other guys would get the whole thread pulled. When I go to your website now You have the "High Value Premium Comics" banner that leads to (some more great books and) the Detectives, that would qualify as being offered on another venue.  Was that link active or were the books there while the sales thread was up?

I believe in the past sellers have used a URL that is independent of website links to store a list of books for sale in a thread but it shouldn't be an active link on a website while sales thread is active.

9 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

I appreciate your input,

Brian

I would think that if you don't want to delete the books you have listed here on your URL, the easy solution would be to delete the URL from your profile while you are listing books here. If you are not advertising a website and just keep a URL with prices, wouldn't that make it impossible for people to see, or can they do a search like it's a website? I'm a little confused.