• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Happened to the Tec 2-22 Sales Thread?
2 2

45 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I would think that if you don't want to delete the books you have listed here on your URL, the easy solution would be to delete the URL from your profile while you are listing books here. If you are not advertising a website and just keep a URL with prices, wouldn't that make it impossible for people to see, or can they do a search like it's a website? I'm a little confused.

www.bunkybrothers.com/constock

…. worth checking on a regular basis.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/25/2019 at 4:38 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

A number of years back at a Wonder Con someone had a great run of early pre 27 Detectives. It might have been Harley. Anyway, I got to see them spread out and they are an amazing set of books!

I don’t recall that, but at WonderCon a couple of years ago Harley did have a grouping of nine coverless pre-Batman ‘Tecs and I bought them all.

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I don’t recall that, but at WonderCon a couple of years ago Harley did have a grouping of nine coverless pre-Batman ‘Tecs and I bought them all.

I remember the books very well but maybe it wasn't Harley. It might have been at a Wonder Con up in San Francisco too.

49 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

I remember when the Church copies were lined up in Gary carter's booth at SD Comic-Con 25+ years ago.  It was a sight to behold.  :cloud9:

I saw them prior at Gary’s home on Coronado Island and was amazed. I had already blown most of my SDCC budget so I just picket up the 6 (not in grade), 19, and 23 because they were the cheapest. I later traded them away. 

Super nice run that Bunky has there... :cloud9:

Edited by sacentaur

3 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

I remember when the Church copies were lined up in Gary carter's booth at SD Comic-Con 25+ years ago.  It was a sight to behold.  :cloud9:

And you didn’t buy them??

34 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
4 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

His name was still CommonLowGrade at the time.

44 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
4 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

I wanted to think about it overnight.  When I came back to the booth the next day, Dan Kramer was in the process of buying all of them.  :(

2 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:
2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
6 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

I wanted to think about it overnight.  When I came back to the booth the next day, Dan Kramer was in the process of buying all of them.  :(

He had brought them to SD Con several times and had such high prices that, prior to DK, they didn't sell. 

Carter:  "Let's throw out the Guide..."

4 hours ago, adamstrange said:

He had brought them to SD Con several times and had such high prices that, prior to DK, they didn't sell. 

Carter:  "Let's throw out the Guide..."

Cool. I’ve been at every sdcc since late 80s and 25years I did start focusing on ga, but I have no recollection of seeing them. Bummer for me 

45 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Cool. I’ve been at every sdcc since late 80s and 25years I did start focusing on ga, but I have no recollection of seeing them. Bummer for me 

The Carter's had a prominent position along the front wall for their booth.  It was one of the first places I stopped on my inaugural visit.  Nick was kind enough to take a couple down off their display so I could see a "real Mile High" copy close up.  They were incredible.

3 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

The Carter's had a prominent position along the front wall for their booth.  It was one of the first places I stopped on my inaugural visit.  Nick was kind enough to take a couple down off their display so I could see a "real Mile High" copy close up.  They were incredible.

I remember the move to the conv center early 90s. Before that is a blurred memory. 

13 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

My first SD Con was '91 at the Convention Center.  They were right by one of the doors into the main comic dealers area. 

Back then it was only hall a& b if memory serves (quickly expanding into c). I remember Fishler with his laptop and I remember the pce booth with the now 8.5 action 1 in a fortress (might have been 93/94)

remember Verzyl’s booths. Jeff hinds (bought a restored bat 1 one year). Joe Dungan out of Texas with the big stack of nm FF48s

remember someone walking around with cases of hulk 181s. Remember downtown was a dust bowl and trying to carry my wares to the tram back to the days inn I stayed at for years. Forgot a lot but remember a lot too

Edited by G.A.tor