• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do creators charge too much for signatures?
2 2

450 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Due to people just flipping for profit, not for actual enjoyment of the medium?

IMO it's unique to the creator. People like Neal Adams use it as a money maker, others like Mike Grell loves the fans and charges the them a measly $5 per sig. Most use the $20 to $60 tag to keep profiters from coming in with a handful of merch. 

Edited by Blastaar

19 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

IMO it's unique to the creator. People like Neal Adams use it as a money maker, others like Mike Grell loves the fans and charges the them a measly $5 per sig. Most use the $20 to $60 tag to keep profiters from coming in with a handful of merch. 

The profiteers are ruining it for the people that just love comics!  If they know someone is a dealer/flipper they should charge more!

Edited by kav

14 minutes ago, kav said:

Just awesome man!

Ps i'll sign your Mad!  They published my 3 pager in Mad 336!

and reprinted  
https://madtrash.com/contributor/001065/

Over in the magazine forum, another boardie got his "mad museum" reported about in Mad as well. :foryou:

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Over in the magazine forum, another boardie got his "mad museum" reported about in Mad as well. :foryou:

Nice.  I have some OA pages in a museum check personal artwork thread.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Nice.  I have some OA pages in a museum check personal artwork thread.

Ya I saw, that's cool, i didn't realize that you had worked professionally :shy:

I'm new though lol

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Bob Overstreet is a great guy.

If you mean THE overstreet guy, I always wanted a price guide as a kid, but they were expensive compared to what "I" would have used it for lol

Good to hear he is good people ;)

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

how come it says Brazil?

They reprinted it in super special but I'm not sure if it was just a brazilian edition or not.  I cant keep track of where my stuff goes.

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

where is the OA thread? i mean personal artwork thread

You can do this!!!!

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you mean THE overstreet guy, I always wanted a price guide as a kid, but they were expensive compared to what "I" would have used it for lol

Good to hear he is good people ;)

He signed my copies and wrote thanks your artwork made a great addition to these books!

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

found it . the ring displays and your art are cool !!

I put those pages on ebay and they were snapped up immediately at my asking price!

I actually only put 2 up but he asked if I had all 4.

Edited by kav