• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do creators charge too much for signatures?
2 2

450 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, kav said:

I still have some work to do-

giphy.gif     They charge enough probably to keep the lines down or to cut down on people with a stack of books...... but some I wish were cheaper :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

giphy.gif     They charge enough probably to keep the lines down, or people with a stack of books but some I wish were cheaper :foryou: 

Tell them people to stop with their stacks!!!!!

Just now, kav said:

Tell them people to stop with their stacks!!!!!

I could see if your in a remote area that an artist doesn't visit often, but idk..... I'm just saying there are certain exceptions, like with anything, but snap doh!

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Even Barney and Romper room have definitive answers in the room, Right @kav I didn't realize the euphoria of restating and restating until watching Barney was a viable alternative...

Carry on (thumbsu 

I'm carrying on.

Interesting.  I do know you can consider yourself a published comic historian utilizing articles from Comic Book Marketplace.

Edited by kav

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Force is not the answer. It's never the answer. You have an inaccurate impression of SS books and how they function in the market, Have you ever been involved in the SS market?

Just observing sales, SS books typicly get a bit more, particularly if it is a tough signature to get. But for some folks maybe nobody cares. There are always exceptions. I am not opining on whether charging $50 extra for a SS book is justified or not in terms of adding value. The market will decide. But ultimately it is the person signing who decides their price in a given context. If their decision is irrational (3rd tier artist charging $100 for a SS book) the market is going to punish them. Let's face it, 20, 30 years ago many of these folks gave away free sketches or charged $5, now they want $150 or more because they see them getting sold. How many fans walked around with sketch books to get artists to doodle In? In 1995 the re-selling wasn't in your face on the internet. I understand your irritation. Keep on plugging your view, maybe some will change their mind.

Edited by the blob