• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do creators charge too much for signatures?
2 2

450 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

What I have learned in this thread:

If you don't like signed books and you refuse to buy them, let alone at a premium, you have no business commenting here.

RMA may have a point!  I am out of here!!!

Well I've never set off a nuclear bomb so I guess I have no business discussing nuclear weapons capabilities of various countries.  Matter of fact most everyone has no business discussing most everything!  dang this is really gunna put a crimp in the water cooler.

Edited by kav

5 minutes ago, kav said:
11 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

If you don't like signed books and you refuse to buy them, let alone at a premium, you have no business commenting here.

Well I've never set of a nuclear bomb so I guess I have no business discussing nuclear weapons capabilities of various countries.  Matter of fact most everyone has no business discussing most everything!  dang this is really gunna put a crimp in the water cooler.

OTOH, if you only spend time discussing what you have experience with, your a know it all :news:

Ps I would be ok with stores charging more for eggs if they knew the person was gunna throw em at cars.

2 hours ago, kav said:

Well I've never set off a nuclear bomb so I guess I have no business discussing nuclear weapons capabilities of various countries.  Matter of fact most everyone has no business discussing most everything!  dang this is really gunna put a crimp in the water cooler.

Well, I have had experience with SS and I am close with people VERY invested in the SS program, so I guess my opinion is valid 2c

Just now, Logan510 said:

Well, I have had experience with SS and I am close with people VERY invested in the SS program, so I guess my opinion is valid 2c

No you dont count because-

2 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Who said anything about not commenting? Not being qualified to offer an opinion doesn't mean you can't, and it certainly doesn't mean the trolls won't. 

Of course they will. But keep in mind: they don't care about this issue, or any issue, upon which they troll. Their goal is to defame and discredit, in any possible way they can.

I'm pretty sure that's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention.

To most rational, logical people paying attention, they realize that what is occurring in this thread is not even remotely an honest difference of opinion, and they recognize the straw man fallacy being attempted by those claiming it is. 2c

Just some food for thought.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

It really doesn't.  But it's a common rebuttal to a good argument that cant be rebutted.

As someone who is not "the most moderated member of the forum" I think I like my chances 2c

Right, because being called a troll for having a difference of opinion is not the exact same thing.

hy·poc·ri·sy

Dictionary result for hypocrisy

/həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

"his target was the hypocrisy of suburban life"

synonyms:sanctimoniousness, sanctimony, pietism, piousness, affected piety, affected superiority, false virtue, cant, humbug, pretense, posturing, speciousness, empty talk; 

insincerity, falseness, falsity, deceptiveness, deceit, deceitfulness, deception, dishonesty, dissembling, dissimulation, duplicity, imposture, two-facedness, double-dealing;

informalphoneyness; 

rarePharisaism, Tartufferie

"plain speaking was important to him—he hated hypocrisy"