• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do creators charge too much for signatures?
2 2

450 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, the blob said:

You wore me out. With that said, I see liefield selling signed coa books on his site. Neil Adams sells raw and SS books. And I might be reading this wrong, but his website seems to say for $20 he'll sign your book and send it to cgc with documentation to get a SS slab? (Shipping may be extra) that actually doesn't sound unreasonable. How can bench warmers charge more than Adams?

No one should charge more than Kneel Atoms.  That should be a rule.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

You wore me out. With that said, I see liefield selling signed coa books on his site. Neil Adams sells raw and SS books. And I might be reading this wrong, but his website seems to say for $20 he'll sign your book and send it to cgc with documentation to get a SS slab? (Shipping may be extra) that actually doesn't sound unreasonable. How can bench warmers charge more than Adams?

you still have to pay grading fee's on top of that..... but he'll sign the form and send it for that amount...

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

you still have to pay grading fee's on top of that..... but he'll sign the form and send it for that amount...

Do you get to keep the form after he signs it?

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

for as many times as I've said that I "have no dog in this fight", you seem to have a hard time understanding peace talks and the way to get through to someone..... that's it $10,000 for my sig on  your beautiful 9.8's :foryou: I continue to wish you happy success! :) 

Peace talks...? That's what you were trying to engage in...?

hm

Odd way of doing it. I'm pretty sure, though, that I haven't misunderstood anything you've been saying, or "saying." Could be wrong.

Have you considered...just considered, mind...that the lack of understanding may be yours...? Not saying it is! Just wondering if you've considered it.

In any event, I wish you happy success, too! " :foryou: "

Just now, kav said:
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Do you get to keep the form after he signs it?

I want to say CGC keeps it or what not, it might not be a "form" per se, I talked to the guy.... but my point was that they send it to CGC under your account with whatever it is that verifies it as witnessed :foryou: 

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

I'm pretty sure you're reading that wrong...it's $20 just for the labor and materials to send it in. The sig fee is still $50 on top of that, or whatever he charges. Could be wrong, but don't think I am.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I want to say CGC keeps it or what not, it might not be a "form" per se, I talked to the guy.... but my point was that they send it to CGC under your account with whatever it is that verifies it as witnessed :foryou: 

Have you participated in the Sig Series program? Just curious, no subtext here...

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm pretty sure you're reading that wrong...it's $20 just for the labor and materials to send it in. The sig fee is still $50 on top of that, or whatever he charges. Could be wrong, but don't think I am.

So if I spend whatever to get Adams to sign my green lantern 86 can I claim expertise in all things SS? :-)

1 minute ago, the blob said:

So if I spend whatever to get Adams to sign my green lantern 86 can I claim expertise in all things SS? :-)

:whatthe:

16 minutes ago, the blob said:

No. Who said anything like that? (shrug) However, if you spend a good amount of time involved in the program, maybe a year or two, submitting several hundred books through the process...you might be able to. Even then, though, the situation changes, so it's hard to become an expert in all things SS.

To answer the question you would not answer, no, it's not a trivial topic to those involved in the Signature Series program.

20 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Have you participated in the Sig Series program? Just curious, no subtext here...

Has there been subtext? I've been sincere in every post directed toward you, the facilitators and artists have their belief's that they are holding onto, I congratulated on trying to set the record straight, I've been nothing but polite to you!

You then claim YOUR post's had subtext? Meaning I'm not a child? I'm not somehow insulting you by complementing you? I "talk" funny? is this the "subtext" that you, in taking the high road, refer to? that I'm just supposed to forget about?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Has there been subtext? I've been sincere in every post directed toward you, the facilitators and artists have their belief's that they are holding onto, I congratulated on trying to set the record straight, I've been nothing but polite to you!

You then claim YOUR post's had subtext? Meaning I'm not a child? I'm not somehow insulting you by complementing you? I "talk" funny? is this the "subtext" that you, in taking the high road, refer to? that I'm just supposed to forget about?

You're not a child.

Don’t forget the clever way he “corrected” what you said.

Thats the funnest.

Phew! I thought you had gone to bed or something. I had time to walk the dog, and when I got back....crickets. :whatthe:

I'm glad you're still here. :cloud9:

So...have you participated in the SS program...? I mean, not just buying signed slabs, but gotten stuff signed, subbed, and the like...?

As for the rest of this...there seem to be some underlying issues that might be addressed...but this is hardly the place to do it. I'll open up my PMs, if you're interested. Ball's in your court...

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Phew! I thought you had gone to bed or something. I had time to walk the dog, and when I got back....crickets. :whatthe:

I'm glad you're still here. :cloud9:

So...have you participated in the SS program...? I mean, not just buying signed slabs, but gotten stuff signed, subbed, and the like...?

As for the rest of this...there seem to be some underlying issues that might be addressed...but this is hardly the place to do it. I'll open up my PMs, if you're interested. Ball's in your court...

Your good RMA, No Worries, but I'm not interested :foryou: