• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Career Opportunities
3 3

156 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Comics4All said:

Hey, Don't feel too bad, We all get stuck doing jobs/things we don't wanna do! 

For example: I wasted 2:32 hours of my life watching the Last Jedi in 2017!  lol 

ok you beat me.  

On 6/15/2020 at 10:32 AM, Comics4All said:

Hey, Don't feel too bad, We all get stuck doing jobs/things we don't wanna do! 

For example: I wasted 2:32 hours of my life watching the Last Jedi in 2017!  lol 

Plus, we enjoy the art you post here! 

:tink:

I felt the same way about the last Avenger movie (although I might get rocks thrown at me here for saying that out loud).  

17 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Write up a will and leave it to me.  

I may start shipping stuff to you in batches.  20 pounds at a time can be shipped priority mail flat rate large box.

Edited by kav

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

I felt the same way about the last Avenger movie (although I might get rocks thrown at me here for saying that out loud).  

Wow, you didn't like Endgame? 

I thought it was really good, I have heard people say they liked Infinity War better, but haven't heard anyone say they felt like watching Endgame was a waste of a few hours they wouldn't get back!!!!! :whatthe:

2 hours ago, Comics4All said:

Wow, you didn't like Endgame? 

I thought it was really good, I have heard people say they liked Infinity War better, but haven't heard anyone say they felt like watching Endgame was a waste of a few hours they wouldn't get back!!!!! :whatthe:

Perhaps I was just expecting too much.  If my expectations were lower, perhaps I would have been more satisfied.

Too many things that I didn't like (things like an overweight Thor who walked around acting like a clown).  Several other things, but that is not what this thread is about and I do not wish to derail the thread with my thoughts on Endgame.  I am sure there was probably an Endgame thread started at some point.

I will say there have been many worse movies than Endgame, however, that was my most recent let down.

Just now, The Lions Den said:

I always felt that the best thing about being an artist was the idea that you may be remembered through your work. But for most of us, the work will ultimately be forgotten. Still, I have some wonderful memories of creating things that gave people pleasure. Maybe that's the true gift...

definitely-i have drawn tens of thousands of portraits mainly of students and every single one is treasured.

36 minutes ago, kav said:

definitely-i have drawn tens of thousands of portraits mainly of students and every single one is treasured.

I've had many great adventures in my life, but the ones I treasure the most are the ones that involved art of some kind. I'm honored to have people like you in my circle of friends...  :foryou: 

Edited by The Lions Den

Ive looked at careers in this manner, a venn diagram of four areas, talent, passion, opportunity, and financial reward. Many careers choices, but find one that maximizes the intersecting space. I was an art major, chinese major and had a business grad degree, but IT was the highest maximum solution in the end after many trials and errors. Otherwise I would have ended up a bad video gamer and golfer for my career.. lol

Edited by Changer

Well... I'm a 25-year + printing veteran and have been grading my own comics for 20 years + (self-taught). I am harshly AND timely decisive in my grades. So far, I have a 100% accuracy rating (according to prior CGC submissions). Never worked in a comic shop or even graded professionally but I know the 10-point grading scale and I can spot "alterations" with a good light any day! Do I qualify?

4 hours ago, NAHLIDGEBORN67 said:

Well... I'm a 25-year + printing veteran and have been grading my own comics for 20 years + (self-taught). I am harshly AND timely decisive in my grades. So far, I have a 100% accuracy rating (according to prior CGC submissions). Never worked in a comic shop or even graded professionally but I know the 10-point grading scale and I can spot "alterations" with a good light any day! Do I qualify?

Qualify for what?try your luck in hey can you spare a grade,for a start,then send your result with your cv.thats gonna be more décisive and entertaining for us boardies,lol

On 4/17/2021 at 8:01 PM, NAHLIDGEBORN67 said:

Just trying to figure out what it takes to get a job with CGC.  

They're always looking for good people. Having a background in comics and knowing how to grade are a plus. If you really want it, be persistent. When I applied for a job there, I sent in four different applications at the same time...