• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2019 at 6:54 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

When Marvel Studios is ready to introduce the X-Men years from now, they may use the Deviant gene as an explanation for why mutants exist. But it won't be next year.

Interjecting a bit of fantasy into mutants is better than simply assuming evolution could yield organisms capable of generating that much power.  The usual explanation is that their skin absorbs solar energy like Superman, but I've always wanted to see shots of Scott Summers or Logan gorging 50,000+ calories of food per day to fuel their powers.  I imagine the X-Men as spending their time off-camera like cows, constantly eating and pooping.  :eek:

9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Interjecting a bit of fantasy into mutants is better than simply assuming evolution could yield organisms capable of generating that much power.  The usual explanation is that their skin absorbs solar energy like Superman, but I've always wanted to see shots of Scott Summers or Logan gorging 50,000+ calories of food per day to fuel their powers.  I imagine the X-Men as spending their time off-camera like cows, constantly eating and pooping.  :eek:

When you start to think about how powerful some mutants are like Storm or Cyclops and then start thinking about the science, it starts to get a bit ridiculous I agree. That's why I think the MCU using Infinity Stones as the power source for a lot of its heroes was a good move. Powers come from an alien cosmic source. Easy. Move on with the story.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

A total of 2.

"...a lot..."?

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision - Mind Stone

Doctor Strange - Time Stone

Captain Marvel - Space Stone

Other enhanced or powered Avengers (and not a god or alien) not sourced by an Infinity Stone are Captain Murica, Hulk, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Spider-Man.

So that's five Avengers powered by an Infinity Stone vs seven powered by technology or other power source. That's still a lot.

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision - Mind Stone

Doctor Strange - Time Stone

Captain Marvel - Space Stone

Other enhanced or powered Avengers (and not a god or alien) not sourced by an Infinity Stone are Captain Murica, Hulk, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Spider-Man.

So that's five Avengers powered by an Infinity Stone vs seven powered by technology or other power source. That's still a lot.

Doctor Strange is not "powered" by the Time Stone.

Quicksilver was in 1 movie.

I guess I'll give you Vision - despite the fact that he basically was the Mind Stone. Not a character that existed and then received power from it. A grand total of 3 heroes.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Doctor Strange is not "powered" by the Time Stone.

Quicksilver was in 1 movie.

I guess I'll give you Vision - despite the fact that he basically was the Mind Stone. Not a character that existed and then received power from it. A grand total of 3 heroes.

Doctor Strange has access to other mystic arts but he still needed the Time Stone to defeat Dormammew and save the world.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Doctor Strange has access to other mystic arts but he still needed the Time Stone to defeat Dormammew and save the world.

Yeah, and The Avengers needed the Chituari Scepter to close the portal. Doesn't make them "powered" by it.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, and The Avengers needed the Chituari Scepter to close the portal. Doesn't make them "powered" by it.

Not the same. The Eye of Agamotto and Doctor Strange are linked not only in the MCU, but by 50+ years of comic book history. In the Doctor Strange movie, the filmmakers made the Eye of Agamotto the Time Stone so it's a huge part of Strange's power set.

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not the same. The Eye of Agamotto and Doctor Strange are linked not only in the MCU, but by 50+ years of comic book history. In the Doctor Strange movie, the filmmakers made the Eye of Agamotto the Time Stone so it's a huge part of Strange's power set.

It's exactly the same.

You historically cherry-pick whatever data supports your argument, though. So that's no surprise.

22 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Sounds boring.

It's just obvious story elements from the Eternals and Avengers comics so it's really nothing. The most interesting thing in that is the possibility of the Black Knight existing in modern times in the MCU.

But if you throw in Deviants, Celestials, and the villainy of Druig (the Eternals' version of Loki), things could get super interesting.

49 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It's just obvious story elements from the Eternals and Avengers comics so it's really nothing. The most interesting thing in that is the possibility of the Black Knight existing in modern times in the MCU.

But if you throw in Deviants, Celestials, and the villainy of Druig (the Eternals' version of Loki), things could get super interesting.

I doubt it, but I guess you'll see before I do.