• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Mainly: "First gay kiss so moving people cried." lol

o boi

It’s possible it was an emotional scene. One thing to think about is that the Eternals live forever and thus outlive mortals they may choose to partner with. It might have been a death or goodbye scene or something coupled with the first gay kiss in a family friendly MCU movie.

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It’s possible it was an emotional scene. One thing to think about is that the Eternals live forever and thus outlive mortals they may choose to partner with. It might have been a death or goodbye scene or something coupled with the first gay kiss in a family friendly MCU movie.

To promote a scene that hard so as to convey 'AREN'T WE SO ACCEPTING OF OTHERS' can also come across as heavy studio advertising to make a point.

It's not like this is The Princess Bride where through all the two leading characters's adventures we get them to share that final kiss everyone had been waiting for. It would be nice if it was just part of the character buildup and have it come together as a natural part of the story.

25 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Sounds awful regardless IMO.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

To promote a scene that hard so as to convey 'AREN'T WE SO ACCEPTING OF OTHERS' can also come across as heavy studio advertising to make a point.

It's not like this is The Princess Bride where through all the two leading characters's adventures we get them to share that final kiss everyone had been waiting for. It would be nice if it was just part of the character buildup and have it come together as a natural part of the story.

Right, and I’m sure it will be a natural part of the story. 

Chloe Zhao was an interesting choice as director for the Eternals. If you haven’t seen The Rider, it’s an amazing movie. She is heavily influenced by Terence Malick and I have a feeling The Eternals will look like  a Malick film. 

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Chloe Zhao was an interesting choice as director for the Eternals. If you haven’t seen The Rider, it’s an amazing movie. She is heavily influenced by Terence Malick and I have a feeling The Eternals will look like  a Malick film. 

So far, all indications are this is going to be a massive film. The way the MCU is advertising this film hard and promoting any details, that much is clear.

On 2/18/2020 at 7:35 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You can want the MCU to not push an agenda and also not be a homophobe. 2c

What agenda? LGBTQ people are part of society and have been since the beginning of history. Is showing a man kissing a woman in a comic book movie pushing an agenda?

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

What agenda? LGBTQ people are part of society and have been since the beginning of history. Is showing a man kissing a woman in a comic book movie pushing an agenda?

Sometimes.

It's an agenda and you know it. You simply like agendas. I prefer to keep them out of escapism.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:21 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Great suggestion. Netflix blows, ain't got no Hulu.