• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

Talking to Collider, Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige said while there is world that you could give each one a solo movie, and team them up later, they are going to take the Guardians Of The Galaxy approach instead, and introduce them as a group.

“Eternals are one group, but we like the idea of introducing an ensemble, doing an ensemble movie from the start, as opposed to building up as we did with the first Avengers. More like Guardians, not tonally, but in terms of introducing a new group of people.”

“You were asking about ’60s, and ’70s before. Jack Kirby did an immense, amazing epic with Eternals that spans tens of thousands of years, and that’s also something we haven’t really done, which is why that among many other things post-Endgame, we find appealing.”

Edited by Bosco685

29 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This movie is going to upset me

Uh Oh :(

It's going to be fantastic and another big hit

Uh  ???

...everything The Inhumans could have been:cry:.

Oh lol

I disagree with Sersi choice. She is way too old more like Cybele Zuras's wife. 

They need an actress in her 20s or early 30s to carry Eternals along with a males around the same age.
Especially if the next phase is going to center around the Eternals. Don't get me wrong I love
Angelina and have for years, but she is too old for that part unless they make it a one film only.
Look at the Avengers same formula.

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I disagree with Sersi choice. She is way too old more like Cybele Zuras's wife. 

They need an actress in her 20s or early 30s to carry Eternals along with a males around the same age.
Especially if the next phase is going to center around the Eternals. Don't get me wrong I love
Angelina and have for years, but she is too old for that part unless they make it a one film only.
Look at the Avengers same formula.

Sersi is 10,000 years old. Angelina Jolie is 43 and looked great in Maleficent. With makeup and Marvel’s deaging process, I think she’d be just fine. For me, Sersi, being someone who has shaped Earth’s history (she’s the same sorceress Circe who turned Odysseus’s men into pigs from Greek mythology), needs to be played by an actress with history, influence, and name recognition. Jolie fits that bill and has the looks for it as well ( she just spoke at the United Nations for Christ sake!). To have Sersi played by an unknown or young actress with little experience would take away from the needed charisma that the character needs. Angelina brings that charisma. I hope she is cast as Sersi.

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah guess I was wrong. Still think this is a big mistake, but at least she is an excellent actress.

Plus she will bring in a big fanbase of her fans.

Eternals is probably a less known franchise than Ant-Man. Getting Jolie will bring in some of her Maleficent fans to go see Eternals.

Good business move as well by Disney getting Jolie.

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Plus she will bring in a big fanbase of her fans.

Eternals is probably a less known franchise than Ant-Man. Getting Jolie will bring in some of her Maleficent fans to go see Eternals.

Good business move as well by Disney getting Jolie.

I think this casting is going to give The Eternals the horsepower needed which The Inhumans never achieved. That's a great thing.

The shame with Anson Mount is he is a fantastic actor, and doing super in his Star Trek Captain Pike role. Just not big enough of a star that he could have helped overcome the Inhumans story flaws. Bummer!