• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADED - PGM: Detective Comics 475

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking to submit, and possibly press, a few books and was wondering what each one could potentially grade at before pressing and after a press.
Would pressing be worth the extra cost?

IMG_1291.thumb.JPG.d6fe71ca5f62ddb25c49364ac32dea0f.JPG

IMG_1292.thumb.JPG.fd1871ea2f65eb361bec79f0c72571ca.JPG

Edited by BobBain

I've gone ahead and submitted an order for the three listed books.  Will get a press on each, and graded (fast tracked).  Will update when they get back.
In addition to the listed books today, I am also submitting Detective Comics 457 (will list it tomorrow for a PGM).  

This will be my first time using CGC or having graded books.

This book has several tiny spine stress lines that break color and very light wear near the top of the spine that breaks color. The rest of the book looks great. By reading the notes, the #476 has more flaws, even though they're tough to see, especially in the holder. The notes would have been entered after the book was pressed, not before. So apparently the pressing couldn't remove all the flaws completely---the creasing on the lower left back cover looks like it could be the culprit. And, as Point Five noted, if there's a small tear on the back cover, that definitely affects the grade, no matter how nice the rest of the book is...  :foryou:

Edited by The Lions Den