• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADED - PGM: Detective Comics 476

11 posts in this topic

This--as according to the rules--is my third (and final) such post of the day.
I'm looking to submit, and possibly press, a few books and was wondering what each one could potentially grade at before pressing and after a press.
Would pressing be worth the extra cost?

IMG_1293.thumb.JPG.96ec7ec2bb893b50d9ac7a54decb407a.JPG

IMG_1294.thumb.JPG.d139a4326145dd30e3a17e1d76fd8388.JPG

Edited by BobBain

Spoiler

well it looks like a bend on the back lower left and I imagine a press would help.   Pressing services also advertise dry cleaning which may help that back cover from what looks to my uneducated eye like soiling

When I look at a definition off grading scales, that is described at the 6.0 range though it doesn't appear to have a lot of the defects associated in that range.  So poss some good work on the book can improve it. other than that, it looks good.

6.0 FINE (FN):  Back to Top
An above-average copy that shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with no significant creasing or other serious defects. Some accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases. Inks show a significant reduction in reflectivity. Blunted corners are more common, as is minor staining, soiling, discoloration, and/or foxing. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. A minor spine roll is allowed. There can also be a 1/4" spine split or severe color break. Staples may show minor discoloration. Minor staple tears and a few slight stress lines may be present, as well as minor rust migration. Paper is tan to brown and fairly supple with no signs of brittleness. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present. Centerfold may be loose.

8.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

""DC Comics Questionnaire"" insert.

Comic Description:
Detective Comics 476 3-4/78 D.C. Comics

Grader Notes:
insert/poster
multiple crease left bottom of back cover
spine stress lines breaks color

Should there still be any creasing at all on the back cover since it was pressed by CCS?

Edited by BobBain

6 hours ago, BobBain said:

8.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

""DC Comics Questionnaire"" insert.

Comic Description:
Detective Comics 476 3-4/78 D.C. Comics

Grader Notes:
insert/poster
multiple crease left bottom of back cover
spine stress lines breaks color

Should there still be any creasing at all on the back cover since it was pressed by CCS?

The crease probably breaks color. Can you get a picture of that area after grading?

1 hour ago, prturr said:

How did the back come out, did any of that get cleaned off?

Still waiting on it.  USPS certified mail is slow.
UPS would have been here within 2 days after shipping.

1 hour ago, BobBain said:

Looking at this book and the 475 that they graded a 9.0, This book looks better on both sides.
Not sure how they graded it at 8.0.

It looks like front cover bottom corners are a bit worn, and the back cover has a small tear and a bit of spine wear. Still a nice one!