• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, redknight99 said:

No love for ST110?  I think it's still undervalued and Dr Strange was the most badass hero in Infinity War.

Of course everybody loves Strange. ;)

But he'll be no Tony Stark this year-

I'm still sticking with ToS 39. A 6.0 just sold $11.3k on ebay- another GPA high for a mid-grade.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

A little off topic, but I’ve been drawn to spirou 1071 (1st smurfs) 1958.  A minor key but I think it should climb the ladder.  Can still get it for pennies on the dollar vs the mega key.   Can’t afford $5k?  Why not just spend $50-100 and you’ll get yourself a 1st Smurf’s appearance from 1958.  Growth potential much higher than any mega key (my opinion of course)

Edited by Spiderturtle

53 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Avengers 1 and Daredevil 1 are certainly the most accessible Marvel keys. Daredevil 1 seems shockingly cheap to me, but I guess that's the penalty for having an awful cover. 

I agree about Avengers 1, but certainly part of what holds that back is what holds back Daredevil 1 and x men 1- relative abundant availability.  Just check the census of those compared to IH 1 and JIM 83 and ToS 39.

IH 1 had its surge.  JIM 83 really has not, but Thor really isn't a Marvel creation, is he?

ToS 39 seems to be just rare enough, with the character now being popular and as important enough, to get to some next level pricing.  

Seems to be percolating, if not already happening....

-J.

15 hours ago, redknight99 said:

No love for ST110?  I think it's still undervalued and Dr Strange was the most badass hero in Infinity War.

I think ST110 is undervalued as well - I have really liked his presence in the MCU and agree that he was awesome in Infinity War - but terrible cover (so bad it is actually kind of good?) and not sure it is a "MEGA" key - otherwise, I think DD1 is more undervalued than ST110 (although as noted above relative abundance keeps it reasonable)

9 minutes ago, kimik said:

FF 4 and FF 5 are ticking up nicely now as well.

FF 5 certainly made nice gains last year (FF 4 to a lesser extent), but was no FF1 or X men 1 which essentially more than doubled and tripled in many grades.   

Is there anything you think that could do something remotely like that this year, or even just go up a "measly" additional 50%?

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

FF 5 certainly made nice gains last year (FF 4 to a lesser extent), but was no FF1 or X men 1 which essentially more than doubled and tripled in many grades.   

Is there anything you think that could do something remotely like that this year, or even just go up a "measly" additional 50%?

-J.

Silver Age-wise, there is one book I am picking up now that has a shot.

There are better opportunities in BA for 2x - 3x returns.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, zosocane said:
On 2/26/2019 at 12:51 PM, kimik said:

Does ASM 1 count as a SA mega key in this discussion?

Yes.  It's a top 10 SA book.

Well, how about Fatman, The Human Flying Saucer then.  (thumbsu

But only because I think I might have a File Copy set for all 3 of those issues somewhere deep down in my collection.  :facepalm:  lol