• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

FF 5 certainly made nice gains last year (FF 4 to a lesser extent), but was no FF1 or X men 1 which essentially more than doubled and tripled in many grades.   

Is there anything you think that could do something remotely like that this year, or even just go up a "measly" additional 50%?

-J.

Not a mega key but my vote is for Silver Surfer #1 - harder to find in high grade than Fantastic Four #48 (and a way cooler cover IMO)

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

These are all primed for exponential gains!

994C13CF-9BB1-433A-9C57-C6962F197086.thumb.jpeg.f490e00df52420701079511c0a7aa8cb.jpeg

These, but not so much any of the stuff I already sold. Those are all dogs.

All but maybe not rawhide kid 🙄

my money is on the first character feige mentions to be getting a movie from the newly acquired rights. My money is on dr doom or kang will be up first and I think then we get Galactus in 4-5 years. X-men in 2-3 years. 

11 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

These are all primed for exponential gains!

994C13CF-9BB1-433A-9C57-C6962F197086.thumb.jpeg.f490e00df52420701079511c0a7aa8cb.jpeg

These, but not so much any of the stuff I already sold. Those are all dogs.

11 year old me would have scoffed at seeing some random TTA with a groot monster on the cover in the same company as FF1 and ASM1.  Do you guys think a book like that will actually retain value over the next decade?  Feels kinda like flavor of the month.

4 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

11 year old me would have scoffed at seeing some random TTA with a groot monster on the cover in the same company as FF1 and ASM1.  Do you guys think a book like that will actually retain value over the next decade?  Feels kinda like flavor of the month.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Groot and Rocket Raccoon movie at some point.   They are  pretty darn popular with tons of marketing/merchandise already dedicated to them rather than the Guardians movie's.  

I do think it has long term potential to continue to climb in value as more and more of the younger collectors are growing up with these characters as their favorites.

1 hour ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

SC22 is primed. The GL movie stigma has faded, WW and Aquaman movie were successful, and prime DC SA 1st apps are rare and scarce. Book has no where to go but up

I agree with this, but is it the one that will happen this year, or be "the next" one?

I don't really think so... hm

-J.

24 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I agree with this, but is it the one that will happen this year, or be "the next" one?

I don't really think so... hm

-J.

I agree with this sentiment. I think we still have one or two more years of the marvel surge we are seeing. Maybe in 2020 or 2021 DC 1st app books will play catch up

The 1961/1962 Marvel price-dot Keys (AF 15, FF 1, Hulk 1, JIM 83, TOS 39) have all popped over the last few years so maybe X1, DD 1, and Avengers 1 are next? They're more readily available, but also more affordable than the biggies.