• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

On March 9, 2019 at 7:01 AM, Beardown said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Groot and Rocket Raccoon movie at some point.   They are  pretty darn popular with tons of marketing/merchandise already dedicated to them rather than the Guardians movie's.  

I do think it has long term potential to continue to climb in value as more and more of the younger collectors are growing up with these characters as their favorites.

It might take a decade, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Rocket and Groot flying the Milennium Falcon someday. With Disney owning both the Marvel and Lucas universes, this is perhaps the easiest crossover point possible. 

6 hours ago, Comicdey said:

Showcase 37.  A metal men movie is immenent.🙄

Yeah DC has a lot of titles they could play with for TV or Movies.

Mega Key? If it has to be a Mega Key than I say Fantastic Four 1 will thrive the most. Also Showcase 4, Hulk 1, and the rest will also continue to soar out of reach for most. There are only so many Mega Keys and I believe FF1 has the most growth potential in the near future.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, Foosman said:

When I was looking for a relatively inexpensive AF15 recently I was convinced that the new premium for Lee SS was dragging up the prices of unsigned copies too.  With all of the Lee signature books going for really high premiums the supply of copies of any grade in my price range (and that of other value buyers) seemed a lot smaller than it used to be.

My money for this year is on FF1.  When I thought I would never find an AF15, FF1 was the only other Marvel book that I could convince myself would come close to scratching that itch, and I would not be surprised if others feel the same.

I also bought FF1 in lieu of AF15 as my big purchase a few years ago, thinking I would be able to get a decent grade AF15 in a couple years, but the skyrocketing prices have kept me from being able to purchase in the grade I would like (5.5 or 6.0).  Now I don't know if I'll ever be able to get the AF15 >:(

Edited by Comical Situations

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, kimik said:

Does ASM 1 count as a SA mega key in this discussion? It is still running to start off this year, like it has for the past couple. 

I would hope so...this was one of my first key buys so I hope it keeps increasing in value.  On the flip side though, I could only buy a 4.0 at the time and was hoping to buy a higher grade later.  The prices are getting so high though, not sure if that's an option anymore since I still have a bunch of other keys to find first.  I don't want to sell the 4.0 to help fund a higher grade though, cause I HATE to sell any lol

3 hours ago, ft88 said:

I gotta believe X-men 1 is due for a rotation up.  GS X-men 1 is the new Hulk 181 and X-men 1 is the new FF1.  

Great analogy.  

But X men 1 already shot up last year, along with FF1.

You think it has a chance of increasing by additional multiples again this year ? hm

-J.

I keep an eye on this one. A anti-hero like Venom.

image.jpeg.6b37cfc617fb7ab5b65325a5605fbfdc.jpeg

Sony’s Kraven Movie May Include Spider-Man, Will Adapt Last Hunt Story

https://screenrant.com/sony-kraven-movie-spider-man-last-hunt/

Richard Wenk, writer of Sony's Kraven the Hunter movie, has revealed he's currently working on the -script - and that the film could even feature Spider-Man. It seems Sony intends to draw upon the famous Kraven's Last Hunt comic book arc.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, ft88 said:

I gotta believe X-men 1 is due for a rotation up.  GS X-men 1 is the new Hulk 181 and X-men 1 is the new FF1.  

I hope you're right. I just picked up a GS X-Men #1 a few months ago. Surely Marvel Studios will want to do something new with the new X-Men - especially with Colossus after his new huge CGI look from the Deadpool movie.

Colossus-cereal2.JPG

Edited by Getoutandstayout

8 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Totally agree.  Those EndGame rumors would make FF 48, 49 & even 50 skyrocket.  

Those books were undervalued for so long. I think the masses will realize how awesome SS/Galactus are when Disney gets around to making a movie, then yeah, we're going to see another value surge on these books. It will be the point of no return.

Edited by Darkowl