• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Just got these from one collector , certainly readily available 

that said every sa key is “abundantly “ available, relatively speaking.  literally dozens to hundreds available of each at any one time (even af15)

78770E01-C83E-43F6-94D2-43C55DEEB671.jpeg

37497CD7-6D4F-4E83-A362-F395F3BB69F7.jpeg

6BFC15F3-B0FF-40F2-B1F1-A08ED4FBC49F.jpeg

Daaaaaamn Gator!

:flipbait:

-J.

X-Men 1 continuing to run seems the most likely. Movie buzz, the title getting "put back" prominently in the Marvel universe (both comics and eventually joining the MCU) and having a lot of catching up to do relative to its Marvel key peers all make for a good bet.

SC 22 also seems like a good bet. It's really tough above mid-grade, Hal is by far the most popular version of the GL character, and DC due to probably reboot everything related to their movie universe puts this one at the top for me.

8 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Just got these from one collector , certainly readily available 

that said every sa key is “abundantly “ available, relatively speaking.  literally dozens to hundreds available of each at any one time (even af15)

78770E01-C83E-43F6-94D2-43C55DEEB671.jpeg

37497CD7-6D4F-4E83-A362-F395F3BB69F7.jpeg

6BFC15F3-B0FF-40F2-B1F1-A08ED4FBC49F.jpeg

Not bad :baiting:

But you got me wondering what books #19 - #21 were. Three AC1s?

15 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Which SA mega key have you seen with the greatest uptick in interest this year so far? :baiting:

-J.

My first con is next week c2e2 

since I haven’t sold anything since nycc last oct and the hurricane has completely monopolized my time, I have no clue. 

I saw your post on the 3 common sa keys and it correlated exactly to what I just bought , just thought the visual was appropriate :)

I'm so glad that I picked up an Avengers #1 about two years ago. I really had no idea that it was about to go on a run up. I just thought it was a good key to own and it wasn't crazy-expensive like so many others.

Edited by CycleGirl

I like to look where nobody else is...otherwise you’re part of the trend vs getting ahead of it. That rules out books already experiencing huge surges.

Doctor Strange/ST110 is a major key, a heavy hitter in the avengers franchise, has a fabulous actor attached to the character, and a sequel coming out. Yet, no buzz about ST110. How long can the cover keep this book down? Maybe forever, maybe not...

As far as DC’s go, I agree the stars could align for SC22 soon...

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Yet, no buzz about ST110. How long can the cover keep this book down? Maybe forever, maybe not...

I hope a good long time. Anyone who can’t deal with the fact that this comic doesn’t have a cover screaming “Dr. Strange!” doesn’t deserve a book this cool.

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I hope a good long time. Anyone who can’t deal with the fact that this comic doesn’t have a cover screaming “Dr. Strange!” doesn’t deserve a book this cool.

ST110 is massively undervalued in relation to its peers. Below are the last sales in 5.0 for classic marvel silver age "mega" keys (did it quick so may have missed one). And when looking at this I noticed its already started heating up...some very big jumps in various grades recently (to include my example of 5.0, a few months ago it was consistently a <$2K book).

Capture.JPG.a14765cc008e43011596e270f9752b90.JPG

Plus, ST110 could be a double-whammy, potentially having the first appearance of the hero and main villain of a MCU flick (not to mention the ancient one and wong, the whole freaking cast). See below:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a859994/doctor-strange-2-release-date-trailer-villain-cast-after-avengers-4/

"Not according to director Scott Derrickson. "I really like the character of Nightmare and the concept that the Nightmare Realm is a dimension," Derrickson said when asked about which bad guy he wants to bring to the MCU.

"That's early – that's like the first Strange tale. I think that's in the introductory episode of Doctor Strange, and I always loved that."

Introduced in 1963's Strange Tales #110, Nightmare is the embodiment of nightmares, a being that lives in a parallel dimension which people travel to in their dreams.

Derrickson also almost included Nightmare in the first Doctor Strange movie before eventually dropping the idea.

"We decided not to do that because that's a bit of a complex idea to try to introduce everything we do introduce and introduce the idea of nightmares themselves as being a dimension," he continued.

"I hope somewhere down the line we do get to explore that because I think that's a super cool concept."

DS2 is expected in 2020, meaning rumors/news will start trickling out this year, after endgame. Primed to pop IMO. 2c

Edited by Callaway29

On 3/22/2019 at 8:49 AM, Callaway29 said:

I like to look where nobody else is...otherwise you’re part of the trend vs getting ahead of it. That rules out books already experiencing huge surges.

Doctor Strange/ST110 is a major key, a heavy hitter in the avengers franchise, has a fabulous actor attached to the character, and a sequel coming out. Yet, no buzz about ST110. How long can the cover keep this book down? Maybe forever, maybe not...

As far as DC’s go, I agree the stars could align for SC22 soon...

I agree with your Doctor Strange observation. How long can that cover keep the book down? Plus like you say the actor playing Doctor Strange Benedict Cumberbatch is a superb actor.

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

The cover is a huge turn off.

Strange has already peaked in the Avengers. 

On ebay there is a huge amount of offerings across grades - all sitting unsold.

so ...

I think it really depends on the Doctor Strange 2 movie. There is some good stuff about Doctor Strange yet to be explored in the movies. The character could become the focus if the Iron Man/Thor/Captain America phase is done after EndGame.