• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

So based on results from the first half of the year or so, Tos39 is definitely still my pick for SA mega key to "explode" with the biggest gains this year.

However...

Definite honorable mentions to X men 1 and FF 5 so far this year as well.

You guys have your copies already, right ? :shy:

-J.

24 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

So based on results from the first half of the year or so, Tos39 is definitely still my pick for SA mega key to "explode" with the biggest gains this year.

However...

-J.

But y? It certainly has merit all by itself so I’m happy to see it get some love, and maybe I just answered my own question, but a little odd that it’s happening while iron man exits the mcu...

13 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

But y? It certainly has merit all by itself so I’m happy to see it get some love, and maybe I just answered my own question, but a little odd that it’s happening while iron man exits the mcu...

Well now he's a bona fide martyr to the gazillions of fans of the MCU, and his memory/legacy will be carried forward at least through Far From Home, and likely well beyond.  

Further, the "Stark Snap" will likely be what brings Mutants into the MCU along with an FF big bad or two (if not the FF themselves).

And of course it's also probably only a matter of time before someone picks up the Iron Man mantle (or they just bring Stark hinself back one way or another).

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

The data in GPA for TOS #39 are decidedly mixed.  Sales this year in 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, 5.5, and 5.0 are all fractionally higher than those from 2018, but sales in 8.0, 4.5, 3.5, and 3.0 are fractionally lower.

FF #5 has generated mixed sales data this year, too, with sales at higher prices in 6.5, 6.0, 5.0, 4.5, and 3.5 grades, and lower prices in 7.0, 5.5, and 4.0 grades.

In other words, while the case can be made that both books continue to trend upward, the trends are weak and inconsistent over the first 5 months of the year.

FF #4 has so far been a more consistent gainer, according to GPA recorded sales.  It's seen prices rise in all grades from 7.0 to 2.0.  Similar data for Strange Tales #110, which has seen higher prices in all grades from 7.5 to 2.5, excepting sales in 4.5.

Edited by namisgr

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

The data in GPA for TOS #39 are decidedly mixed.  Sales this year in 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, 5.5, and 5.0 are all fractionally higher than those from 2018, but sales in 8.0, 4.5, 3.5, and 3.0 are fractionally lower.

FF #5 has generated mixed sales data this year, too, with sales at higher prices in 6.5, 6.0, 5.0, 4.5, and 3.5 grades, and lower prices in 7.0, 5.5, and 4.0 grades.

In other words, while the case can be made that both books continue to trend upward, the trends are weak and inconsistent over the first 5 months of the year.

FF #4 has so far been a more consistent gainer, according to GPA recorded sales.  It's seen prices rise in all grades from 7.0 to 2.0.  Similar data for Strange Tales #110, which has seen higher prices in all grades from 7.5 to 2.5, excepting sales in 4.5.

Well the ST #110 sales last night on C link were soft. A 7.5 hammer at 4500 is pretty meh.

7.0 at 3500 is more meh ... 

16 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

However...

-J.

Thankfully, I made it a point to grab all SA keys about a decade ago....only wish I would have got triples of everything knowing what I know now

On 5/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, namisgr said:

Yeah, I don't see where the big gains in TOS 39 are happening. TOS 39 has not really moved much either way since the start of the year. X-Men 1 has jumped more in low to mid grades since the start of the year, and FF #4 or #48 have done better as well. I am sure there are other SA "keys" that have popped more that I am not thinking of right now.

51 minutes ago, kimik said:

Yeah, I don't see where the big gains in TOS 39 are happening. TOS 39 has not really moved much either way since the start of the year. X-Men 1 has jumped more in low to mid grades since the start of the year, and FF #4 or #48 have done better as well. I am sure there are other SA "keys" that have popped more that I am not thinking of right now.

Guess you missed those GPA high sales for TOS 39 on comiclink just the other day... :baiting:

-J.

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

You mean the cgc 7.0 with snow white pages?

Well that explains it then, everyone knows that comic books with white pages are more desirable than those without. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

You mean the cgc 7.0 with snow white pages?

Boy, a couple of you guys really are broken records lol.

Yes that is one of the books that sold on there for a new GPA high (irrespective of the meaningless and random "PQ" on the label). (thumbsu

-J.

12 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yes that is one of the books that sold on there for a new GPA high (irrespective of the meaningless and random "PQ" on the label). (thumbsu

-J.

So the record price on this lone sale doesn't indicate the impact of white pages on value, but on the other hand this one sale does indicate the book is rising in price.  That's some convoluted "logic".

Also informative is that on top of the record sale for the 7.0 sporting white pages, a 7.5 signature series book with both Lee and Colan signatures but with c/ow pages sold in this same auction for less than 15% more than the lower graded copy.

Edited by namisgr

2 minutes ago, namisgr said:

So the white pages on this lone sale don't impact the sale price, but on the other hand this one sale indicates the book is rising in price.  That's some convoluted "logic".

The "logic" is that it is just another one of strong sales for the book this year so far. (thumbsu

-J.