• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The "logic" is that it is just another one of strong sales for the book this year so far. (thumbsu

-J.

Not exactly.

On 5/29/2019 at 10:35 PM, namisgr said:

The data in GPA for TOS #39 are decidedly mixed.  Sales this year in 7.0, 6.5, 6.0, 5.5, and 5.0 are all fractionally higher than those from 2018, but sales in 8.0, 4.5, 3.5, and 3.0 are fractionally lower.

And that's not including the soft hammer price from this auction for a 7.5 Signature Series copy with both Lee and Colan sigs.

Edited by namisgr

17 hours ago, namisgr said:

Not exactly.

And that's not including the soft hammer price from this auction for a 7.5 Signature Series copy with both Lee and Colan sigs.

I see some mixed results this year as well. A little bird pointed out to me that Sales taxes are hurting some bigger sales. That makes sense since things changed in the last year or so .

On 6/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, paul747 said:

I see some mixed results this year as well. A little bird pointed out to me that Sales taxes are hurting some bigger sales. That makes sense since things changed in the last year or so .

The new sales tax has to be considered. I wish posted prices included them, especially when you look at $5k+ sales. 

On 6/1/2019 at 3:15 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Keep the Tos39 and save for the FF 1. (thumbsu

-J.

Going for both should almost always be Plan A.

Of course I say trade for the Fantastic Four 1, but I’m WAY too biased to be taken seriously.

10 hours ago, MadJimJaspers said:

The new sales tax has to be considered. I wish posted prices included them, especially when you look at $5k+ sales. 

It makes the consistent rise in price across the grade for FF #s 4 and 48 this year that much more impressive.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, MadJimJaspers said:

It sure affects my max bid.  10 percent less for me on whichever venue that charges sales tax.  

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yup the sales tax would affect me buying and bidding as well. I believe all major auction house now charges sales tax, at least in CA.

I'm in Illinois. When the sales tax on comics first started, I was irritated. I was even more irritated when it was not used by all auction houses. Now that it appears most are charging, I don't feel irritated at all. Just another cost of collecting. 

4 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm in Illinois. When the sales tax on comics first started, I was irritated. I was even more irritated when it was not used by all auction houses. Now that it appears most are charging, I don't feel irritated at all. Just another cost of collecting. 

Yup another cost of collecting until something changes in the future. What sucks for the states that are being charged a tax is that it's not an even playing field with the states who dont have to pay for it. Only way around it is to apply for a resale certificate I guess..

39 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yup another cost of collecting until something changes in the future. What sucks for the states that are being charged a tax is that it's not an even playing field with the states who dont have to pay for it. Only way around it is to apply for a resale certificate I guess..

I totally agree, it should be an even playing field. I just feel better than last year as more states and auction sites are now charging tax, leveling the field.  

On 3/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I keep an eye on this one. A anti-hero like Venom.

image.jpeg.6b37cfc617fb7ab5b65325a5605fbfdc.jpeg

Sony’s Kraven Movie May Include Spider-Man, Will Adapt Last Hunt Story

https://screenrant.com/sony-kraven-movie-spider-man-last-hunt/

Richard Wenk, writer of Sony's Kraven the Hunter movie, has revealed he's currently working on the --script - and that the film could even feature Spider-Man. It seems Sony intends to draw upon the famous Kraven's Last Hunt comic book arc.

this one has steadily gained lately it seems.

45 minutes ago, thor800 said:

this one has steadily gained lately it seems.

It is probably just a matter of time before Kraven makes his way into the MCU. It has steadily gained - like most of the early Spideys - but it will probably catch up with other 1st villains, like #13 and #9, when this happens.

32 minutes ago, SECollector said:

It is probably just a matter of time before Kraven makes his way into the MCU. It has steadily gained - like most of the early Spideys - but it will probably catch up with other 1st villains, like #13 and #9, when this happens.

Agreed, matter of time...and that's why it's creeping up. People know it's coming eventually...

19 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Agreed, matter of time...and that's why it's creeping up. People know it's coming eventually...

hopefully its a good movie and doesn't kill the character popularity.

Kraven is a timeless villain that has appeared all over the MCU - just not as cool a cover as 13 & 14.