• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Meantime, ToS 39 continues to post generally strong numbers- 

Two 5.5's @ ~$9k

5.0 SS @ $11.5K

:whatthe:

-J.

According to GPA, X-Men #1 in 5.5 just hit $10K, with another sale of $9.600 in April so TOS 39 is starting to catch up. :devil:

It is interesting to see X-Men #1 at the same level or slightly ahead of TOS 39 pricewise in 6.0 and under, but in 6.5+ TOS 39 has a noticeably higher price point. 

2 hours ago, namisgr said:

Fantastic Four #48 record high sales over the past couple months:

7.5 $3403

8.0 $3950 and $3777

9.0 $6475

9.2 $7800 (twice)

9.4 $10,750

I really thought the high population would prevent this book from seeing these values...or at least, seeing them so quickly...astounding.

59 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I really thought the high population would prevent this book from seeing these values...or at least, seeing them so quickly...astounding.

It defies expectations - not many other major superhero and villain first app combinations in silver age

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

:whatthe:

Definitely a contender.

-J.

If we go back for a two year run (2017-2019), then I believe it is the clear cut winner with prices up around 3x across all grades. Then again, FF 4 and FF 5 are likely in the same situation.

46 minutes ago, kimik said:

If we go back for a two year run (2017-2019), then I believe it is the clear cut winner with prices up around 3x across all grades. Then again, FF 4 and FF 5 are likely in the same situation.

Agreed.  

But much like Avengers 4, I don't know if I consider FF 4 to be a "mega key".

FF 5 definitely more so, and it has indeed done well this year too in most grades.  

-J.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:59 AM, Callaway29 said:

It's a legit common Marvel book, which is saying something. Most Marvel keys are already common by nature.

Great thread.

Here are a few speculations that i think will surge:

FANTASTIC FOUR #49-reason: first appearance of SILVER SURFER and GALACTUS featured on a cover plus the black cover makes this a tough book to find in high grade.

X-MEN #10-reason: first silver age appearance of Ka-Zar and Savage Land. Rumors are that this character will enter the MCU.

X-MEN #9-reason: first X-MEN vs AVENGERS. With X-Men returning to the MCU it is only a matter of time.

AVENGERS #48-reason-1st Black Knight

On 6/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, APDallas said:

Great thread.

Here are a few speculations that i think will surge:

FANTASTIC FOUR #49-reason: first appearance of SILVER SURFER and GALACTUS featured on a cover plus the black cover makes this a tough book to find in high grade.

X-MEN #10-reason: first silver age appearance of Ka-Zar and Savage Land. Rumors are that this character will enter the MCU.

X-MEN #9-reason: first X-MEN vs AVENGERS. With X-Men returning to the MCU it is only a matter of time.

AVENGERS #48-reason-1st Black Knight

Interesting books but not so much mega keys.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:59 AM, Callaway29 said:

I thought the same would apply to X-Men 1 and (especially with) IH 181 as well (and was wrong of course).

Years ago I used to collect sports cards and the 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan was scarce relative to other issues of the same time frame, but there were thousands and thousands of copies.  As the game of basketball went global, and ebay went global, you started seeing the card dry up.  Still not "rare" by any means but the growth of demand was outpacing the supply.  I see the same happening now with the MCU/DC bringing in new fans across the globe.  When you are looking at key books with POP in the low thousands, perhaps it's a lot for North America + UK.  Expand that out to more countries and all of a sudden it's not so much to go around any more.  

Endgame will have done less than $1b in NA + UK.  Yet globally it has taken almost $2b.  Movie going is certainly a more common past time than comic book collecting.  But no doubt the growing popularity of superhero movies will usher in a new wave of collectors.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

FF#52

Will become top 10 silver age key by the time Black Panther 2 comes out.

Strong rumor he will be new leader of Avengers in next movie now

Reveal hidden contents

that Cap, Thor and Iron Man are gone.

7851-2045-8666-1-fantastic-four.jpg

I don't see it ever being in the top 10. I think it came too late.

4 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I’d be surprised as well. It would have to take out books like TTA27, BB28, Sho 22, or Avengers 1. 

But I’ve got a FF52, so let it happen!

Well, I have TTA 27, BB 28, Sho 22, Avengers 1, and FF 52. Let's just hope all these books continue to increase in price.

Joe