• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Gruson said:

Wow. 1-392?  Congrats.  How you find that!?!?  I’m in a Dallas and feel like I should be finding a lot more raw copies than I do...appreciate any help. 

Agreed, I thought ST110 would be on fire.  

It is a long story, but I had to fly two provinces away to land them. lol 

Just now, Callaway29 said:

Source?

Based on what I see at shows and in collections I have bought the past 20 years or so. DD 1/ST 110/Avengers 1/X-Men 1 tend to be more available than the 1962 SA keys AF 15/FF 1/Hulk 1/JIM 83/TTA 27. By that time Marvel was well established with comic readers/fans.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Based on what I see at shows and in collections I have bought the past 20 years or so. DD 1/ST 110/Avengers 1/X-Men 1 tend to be more available than the 1962 SA keys AF 15/FF 1/Hulk 1/JIM 83/TTA 27. By that time Marvel was well established with comic readers/fans.

Got it, anecdotal. Thanks for clarification.

13 hours ago, kimik said:

More anecdotal input here, but this matches my experience as well. I considered DD 1/ST 110/Avengers 1/X-Men 1 to be easier to find.

However, GAtor recently posted (to my surprise) that ST110 was in the scarcer tier with Hulk 1 and TTA 27, If I'm interpreting him correctly here.  "Tta27 is considerably scarcer than hulk 1, and st110 likely on par too" 

Edited by KirbyJack

My dark horse would be ST 89. If the origin story holds true in the MCU, then the Mandarin winds up getting his rings from FFF’s tech. Could be TTA 13 fever all over again. Then again, is ST 89 considered a key?

Edited by gunsmokin
Additional text

19 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

My dark horse would be ST 89. If the origin story holds true in the MCU, then the Mandarin winds up getting his rings from FFF’s tech. Could be TTA 13 fever all over again. Then again, is ST 89 considered a key?

It's my favorite of the Monster books, or PHM's, as we used to call them. It was considered a classic as long ago as the early 70's due to it's exposure on the cover of Fantasy Masterpieces … it kind of became the "poster child' of the Big Monsters with the Goofy names genre. Back then, a high grade ST 89 was only a couple bucks cheaper than a X-Men 1. My buddy has two raw high grade copies that he purchased from John Verzyl for around $ 30 a piece..... I've tried every trick in the book to get him to let go of one. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

3 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

More anecdotal input here, but this matches my experience as well. I considered DD 1/ST 110/Avengers 1/X-Men 1 to be easier to find.

However, GAtor recently posted (to my surprise) that ST110 was in the scarcer tier with Hulk 1 and TTA 27, If I'm interpreting him correctly here.  "Tta27 is considerably scarcer than hulk 1, and st110 likely on par too" 

Realizing census is not absolute (resubs, raws, etc...), see below for universals in order from most to least. It seems to support GAtor's stance.

DD1: 3378

X1: 3217

A1: 2802

ST110: 1361

IH1: 1151

TTA27: 739

And for fun...there's a whopping 287 ST89 universals...

Edited by Callaway29
added ST89

36 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Realizing census is not absolute (resubs, raws, etc...), see below for universals in order from most to least. It seems to support GAtor's stance.

Demand vs supply 

tta27 is probably the least in demand of all the above books (at least for me :roflmao:)

43 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Fantastic Four 1: 1496

-J.

2 hours ago, gunsmokin said:

Congrats on that big pick-up! 

FFF Fever! I consider it a key. 👍

Edited by KirbyJack

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

And the winner was..... ? hm :popcorn:

-J.

By $ amount or %? If it is %, then wouldn't Avengers #48 be the winner? The CGC 9.4 average in 2018 was $200, and the 2019 average price is $1048, according to GPA.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

lets bump for this year... It's January 2020.... what will it be this year? Also did we decide the winner for last year?  I assume FF 48 from speculation? 

FF 48 would be my choice for last year.  Either that or x men 1.

Think I might need to see a little more data before I can make a reasonable guess for this year.  hm

-J.