• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

Maybe no mega keys this year but certainly lower keys from movie hype and casting.

i know many people do not like this “new key phenomena” but it’s the state of the hobby now.

My predictions based on educated guesses from Easter eggs and heresay... and without stating the very obvious like Eternals, Black Knight, Mandarin, Warlock and others that are already confirmed.

A sure bet is Namor... trust that those earthquakes under Wakanda will be the coming of Atlantis!

So Namor keys are a good bet!

Doctor Doom and F4

I believe we will be teased with news of F4 involvement in the MCU.

So yea F4 1 will be the big one along with 1st Doom and 1st Silver Namor and Submariner 1 class of 68

6 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Green Lantern Corps coming out in 2020. I believe June 19th.

That movie release date was announced many years ago, and was rescheduled.

The Green Lantern Corps movie is currently in the early stages of development (supposedly). So, IF it comes out, it’ll be quite a while from now ...

On the other hand, the Green Lantern SHOW is being created for the upcoming HBO Max streaming service, and may possibly be released in late 2020 or early 2021. 

Edited by MusterMark

1 hour ago, MusterMark said:

That movie release date was announced many years ago, and was rescheduled.

The Green Lantern Corps movie is currently in the early stages of development (supposedly). So, IF it comes out, it’ll be quite a while from now ...

On the other hand, the Green Lantern SHOW is being created for the upcoming HBO Max streaming service, and may possibly be released in late 2020 or early 2021. 

The delay in getting a film/TV show out has killed momentum for the book. That and the fact that a lot of the speculative $$$ that had been flowing to DC SA keys has changed course and gone into FF and X-Men instead. 

On 1/18/2020 at 8:47 PM, Jaydogrules said:

FF 48 would be my choice for last year.  Either that or x men 1.

Think I might need to see a little more data before I can make a reasonable guess for this year.  hm

-J.

Both are decent picks for this year as well. I believe we will see announcements concerning both properties (Surfer and X-Men) this summer at SDCC which should propel prices further. Right now there are plenty of early SA X-Men that can be picked up for dirt cheap.

Just now, Batmanis#1 said:

Maybe one day SC22 will see a rise that it deserves. When who knows.

It already saw a nice rise before the Ryan Reynolds flick. That was a fun time - racing to buy all of the copies of Avengers 1 and SC 22 in low to mid grade that you could find online and then flipping them for a quick 2-4x within months.

2 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

What do you guys think of Hulk 1 picking up after nearly 5 years in a slumber?

Depends purely on what Kevin Feige has in store for the character with Phase 4, 5 and 6.  I think the character was "under-used" after the first Avengers film.  JIM 83 has been a very solid book the last 4 years, and particularly the last year, I think, because the Thor character will be central to Phase 4 and spec money is flowing into that book.  Banner's story (under the Lee-Kirby paradigm) was that of a tragic figure, and all that has disappeared in the films.

11 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I mean compared to other keys in the top 15 it has not risen much same like TTA 27. I prefer SC22 over TTA 27 just saying both have not done much over the past 7-8 years.

Looking at GPA, it is worth more in grade than TTA 27 across the board, and has gained steadily the past 2-3 years in 6.0 and lower grades (while TTA 27 is trending down). The big gap ups were 2009 with the movie announcement when copies across the board did a 2-3X in months (the good old days when dealers were slower to update prices online :cloud9:), and again in 2014/15 when SA keys popped again across the board. It is all over the map in higher grades as the pool of buyers is smaller, but in 6.0 and under the book is doing okay.

Edited by kimik

9 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

What do you guys think of Hulk 1 picking up after nearly 5 years in a slumber?

I hope not. I'm trying to get one next year. I just got jim 83 and avengers 4. Iron man by end of 2020 and then hulk I'll need a whole year to save up because it is so much $$$

On 2/20/2020 at 11:19 AM, zosocane said:

Depends purely on what Kevin Feige has in store for the character with Phase 4, 5 and 6.  I think the character was "under-used" after the first Avengers film.  JIM 83 has been a very solid book the last 4 years, and particularly the last year, I think, because the Thor character will be central to Phase 4 and spec money is flowing into that book.  Banner's story (under the Lee-Kirby paradigm) was that of a tragic figure, and all that has disappeared in the films.

I sold 6 months ago, needed some $$ for OA and figured it had gone about as far as it could for a long while. Maybe I'll end up being wrong, but I felt same way as you.