• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, october said:

Hulk 1, DD 1 for this year.

I would love to pick some DC's, but man, they just tend to dissapoint if it's not a Batman book. 

Poor ole BB28.. one of the few books you can still buy at 2013 prices

Edited by PKJ

On 1/28/2021 at 5:15 PM, Math Teacher said:

I went back to the 2020 predictions from January, 2020, to March, 2020.

Here are the picks:

FF #48
X-Men #1
FF #1
FF #4
FF #5
Sub-Mariner #1
Early FFs
Hulk #1
SC #22
Early X-Men and FF
AF #15

So, which of these is the most astute prediction? My pick would be X-Men #1.

That was me and my pick! So what do I win 😀

8 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Our everlasting gratitude?

I picked X-men again for 2021. Guys, I still think it’s got plenty of room to grow.  It will be similar to those years when AF15 kept on racking up double digit % gains and was in the spotlight.  Hard part is finding a good deal nowadays as collectors will be hoarding their copies.  IH1, AF15, ASM1 will finally wake up and move, but overall x-men % gains will be higher as we get another year closer to mutants coming to MCU.  JIM83 will move as well due to Love and Thunder. Of course FF1 will continuing gaining as well along with FF5, now almost impossible to find at a reasonable price, and FF48, FF49, FF50, Ff52. 

Edited by Bluemedgroup

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

How about Strange tales 110 with the new movie?    Last SA key to not go crazy after DD 1 and X-men 1 went ballistic.    Seems undervalued.  

well it didnt do diddley after the first dr strange movie, so i am not holding my breath on it doing anything after another one. unless pastepot pete is the costar. 

Edited by www.alexgross.com
typo

34 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

well it didnt do diddley after the first dr strange movie, so i am not holding my breath on it doing anything after another one. unless pastpost pete is the costar. 

Value may not go parabolic like X-men 1, but It’s a 50 year+  silver age key so it will increase in value over time.  Dr Strange is still a sweet character. I would love  a copy in my collection..   We'll see what happens in the next few years.  

Edited by Wolverinex

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Value may not go parabolic like X-men 1, but It’s a 50 year+  silver age key so it will increase in value over time.  Dr Strange is still a sweet character.  We'll see what happens in the next few years.  

That ST 110 cover is a boat anchor on what otherwise should be a Marvel SA key that is on fire.  Strange things about our hobby.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

How about Strange tales 110 with the new movie?    Last SA key to not go crazy after DD 1 and X-men 1 went ballistic.    Seems undervalued.  

I'm not unbiased, since I have a copy of ST 110, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't keep going up, especially between Strange's own movie and his role in Spidey's next movie.

30 minutes ago, zosocane said:

That ST 110 cover is a boat anchor on what otherwise should be a Marvel SA key that is on fire.  Strange things about our hobby.

Yes,  it's definitely a "it's so bad,  it's good" cover... but you never know. Could still surge and follow the other big SA keys...a rising tide raises all boats

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes,  it's definitely a "it's so bad,  it's good" cover... but you never know. Could still surge and follow the other big SA keys...a rising tide raises all boats

Also, of all the Marvel Studios characters from the "original" Phase 1-2-3 line-up, it's Doctor Strange (and Thor, and presumably Hulk) that will be a lead/senior hero for the Phase 4-5-6 line-up that pretty much is guaranteed to wrap up ~ 2030 with Marvel Secret Wars.  I definitely see Benedict Cumberbatch (who is a phenomenal actor) being much like RDJr/Iron Man was during the 2008 to 2019 period.  Logically, then, ST110 should be a major SA key that, right now, is totally undervalued.   But that cover ...

On 1/25/2021 at 1:40 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

Iron Man, Cap, and Thor all had their own movies prior to The Avengers, we won’t see the same for any of Marvel’s first family.  FF already inherits the stigma of 3 brutally bad Fox films.  Not saying the franchise won’t be well handled in Marvel Studio’s hands, just saying you might want to reset expectations.  If anything I’d bet on the mutants.

IF they’re creative in their FF approach, I wouldn’t count them out. I could see the Torch popping up or even co-starring in a Spidey film, a Torch/Thing Disney+ series, or even Thing or Human Torch solo films. Nailing these 2 with good writing and actors who can bring them to life, especially Ben Grimm, is crucial. Imagine a Thing-focused movie loosely based on FF55, for example. The FF clearly needs a different approach than it has received, but there is a lot that could be done with them. It’s not the Avengers formula, though, successful as it was.

8 hours ago, zosocane said:

Also, of all the Marvel Studios characters from the "original" Phase 1-2-3 line-up, it's Doctor Strange (and Thor, and presumably Hulk) that will be a lead/senior hero for the Phase 4-5-6 line-up that pretty much is guaranteed to wrap up ~ 2030 with Marvel Secret Wars.  I definitely see Benedict Cumberbatch (who is a phenomenal actor) being much like RDJr/Iron Man was during the 2008 to 2019 period.  Logically, then, ST110 should be a major SA key that, right now, is totally undervalued.   But that cover ...

All in the cover for me. Whip that bad boy out and someone asks what is so special about Paste Pot Pete?  A shame really with how cool Doctor Strange is though.