• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Which SA Mega Key Will Surge This Year?
4 4

455 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, kimik said:

Buying it in January for a then GPA high was one of my better moves this year. Passing on a trade of my CGC 7.0 Hawkman #4 and CGC 8.5 ASM #129 for a CGC 8.0 or CGC 8.5 FF #48 last April at the Calgary Expo was not. lol 

ASM 129 still has legs

1 hour ago, piper said:

ASM 129 still has legs

Not as much as FF #48 right now..........

The stupid thing on my part is at the time I did not have any copies of FF #48 in hand. I was about to say deal but then I tried to squeeze him for cash. Since I had already had a great show I was being greedy in trying to tilt things way in my favor and lost out on a great opportunity. Pigs get slaughtered was definitely true in that case. :facepalm:

On 6/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, APDallas said:

Great thread.

Here are a few speculations that i think will surge:

FANTASTIC FOUR #49-reason: first appearance of SILVER SURFER and GALACTUS featured on a cover plus the black cover makes this a tough book to find in high grade.

X-MEN #10-reason: first silver age appearance of Ka-Zar and Savage Land. Rumors are that this character will enter the MCU.

X-MEN #9-reason: first X-MEN vs AVENGERS. With X-Men returning to the MCU it is only a matter of time.

AVENGERS #48-reason-1st Black Knight

Hmmmmmm... No on these because FF48 over 49 all day.

Ka-Zar has no substantial rumor.

Avengers 48 can be something if there’s a casting and it’s done right..big maybe.

8 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

How about villains...

Will it be FF48 or FF8?

FF 48 hands down. Galactus will be a player in the MCU for the long haul, and then you have the SS first appearance to add to it. The Puppet Master is not quite at the same level......

10 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Hmmmmmm... No on these because FF48 over 49 all day.

Ka-Zar has no substantial rumor.

Avengers 48 can be something if there’s a casting and it’s done right..big maybe.

When a rumor becomes substantial, it ceases be a rumor.

2 hours ago, kimik said:

FF 48 hands down. Galactus will be a player in the MCU for the long haul, and then you have the SS first appearance to add to it. The Puppet Master is not quite at the same level......

Oh shoot I meant Avengers 8!not FF. Sorry

2 hours ago, kimik said:

1 minute ago, Mr bla bla said:

Just now, Shoomanfoo said:

Oh shoot I meant Avengers 8!not FF. Sorry

1 minute ago, Mr bla bla said:

I see. 

So good sir. In this case where is the rumor?

what is the source? Link? 

Anything “substantial”? Or your rumor lol?

What's the deal with the 1st Peggy Carter apps?  ToS 75 (cameo) and 77 (1st full)  regarding the recent news that she becomes Cap?  Is that just some type of What if story/animated, or a real deal future movie thread?  Those ToS books are still very affordable.

2 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

What's the deal with the 1st Peggy Carter apps?  ToS 75 (cameo) and 77 (1st full)  regarding the recent news that she becomes Cap?  Is that just some type of What if story/animated, or a real deal future movie thread?  Those ToS books are still very affordable.

Where are people hearing this poppycock!?

28 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:
2 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Where are people hearing this poppycock!?

Don't know if this if a BS rumor site, but it was also reported on newsarama, although that could have been also based on a rumor. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a28803673/marvel-peggy-carter-captain-america-what-if/&ved=2ahUKEwjC6-Pft5zkAhUCmlkKHan9CGIQqOcBMAJ6BAgEEAM&usg=AOvVaw0Nwp6Pu6OwaMjYtC5Tl19I

32 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

My take is it’s just one episode of the What if Disney+ cartoon

17 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Yes I’m aware of the “what if” that is planned so this story makes good sense actually.

Thanks for the link and information.

X-Men 1 (and GSX 1) is still relatively cheap when you consider the impact the franchise has had on comics and the potential in the hands of Disney.

I buy them whenever I can find them locally/in Western Canada. This weekend I did a one day trip to Winnipeg to pick up a reasonably priced X-Men #1-392 run. 

Wow. 1-392?  Congrats.  How you find that!?!?  I’m in a Dallas and feel like I should be finding a lot more raw copies than I do...appreciate any help. 

Agreed, I thought ST110 would be on fire.  

Edited by Gruson