• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greggy’s Mystery Box. Does he love me?
2 2

57 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, DR.X said:
8 hours ago, oakman29 said:

He IS a magical entity. 

He also claims he's the master of alien technology, but what do I know.

??  Related image

Edited by lizards2
greggy

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:06 PM, James J Johnson said:

Could he be possibly polymorphous? In a good way?

Meanwhile, thing of it is that I'm still no closer to understanding this Greggy phenomena than I was two hours ago! :ohnoez:

If you have ever seen Greggy in person there is not a whole lot of ambiguity. He is male (ok, I did not follow him into the bathroom to be sure). Rather large as comic nerds go. Very handsome and brilliant (can I get a mystery box too?)

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, DR.X said:

Not really. The seasoned Veteran's have encountered him many times during the course of history at shows. The problem is you never see him coming. He just appears out of nowhere and has a habit of sneaking up behind you. Like some human vapor.

Yeah, but he is kind of hard to miss if he is in front of you. (Seriously, I have been walking behind him at a few shows and thought to myself "I bet that's Greggy" and, guess what, it has been...haven't bothered him though)

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Yeah, but he is kind of hard to miss if he is in front of you. (Seriously, I have been walking behind him at a few shows and thought to myself "I bet that's Greggy" and, guess what, it has been...haven't bothered him though)

I've caught Greggy in a state of sleep a few times, could have sworn there was sushi hanging out his mouth. Or is that just part of his brilliance. 

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I've caught Greggy in a state of sleep a few times, could have sworn there was sushi hanging out his mouth. Or is that just part of his brilliance. 

there was a pic of him sleeping, or in a coma, floating around here years ago. some has to have it, they just have to. :banana:

So many comments to comb thru and hopefully decipher what's real and what's urban legend. I must say in the year that I have been here, his name has been mentioned more times than I can remember. Yet I can't recall him ever joining in any conversation where he was mentioned. hm I can only imagine he is similar to Sasquatch in that you hear about him but never actually see him.

11 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

So many comments to comb thru and hopefully decipher what's real and what's urban legend. I must say in the year that I have been here, his name has been mentioned more times than I can remember. Yet I can't recall him ever joining in any conversation where he was mentioned. hm I can only imagine he is similar to Sasquatch in that you hear about him but never actually see him.

He is real and he is spectacular! (thumbsu

Edited by kimik

16 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

He's always been a good friend of mine, but the story of Greggy is not a pretty one.

He was originally called Greg in here.  Then many, many years ago, on an overcast Christmas day.....a forum member named Ablue came into the forum......and beat the ever loving krap out of Greggy.  It was bad.  Basically, all that was left of him was a blood stained graemlin smear on the carpet. 

We did what we could to help him.  We scoured the ditches for dead rodents, dung beetles, or anything else we could scavenge parts from in order to fix him.  When we were finished, he was alive, but what was left of him was absolutely hideous.  He would walk with a bit of a sideways shuffle (like a crab) and wanted to sleep all of the time (there are numerous pictures of him at comic conventions where everyone else is reading comics and he's reading the back of his eyelids).

And from that point on, whenever he would talk, he would end all of his words in the letter "y".  We didn't want him to feel bad about it, and to make it seem normal, we all just started calling him Greggy.  And to this day, I still can't eat seafood or see a perfectly rolled up piece of poop without thinking of my good friend.

Christmas Day, huh? Sounds like the tragedy of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! The way the other reindeer used to mentally abuse him or bar him from participation in their reindeer games, all actionable torts of intolerance, that if he had a smart lawyer could have been turned into a big payday for poor Rudolph by civil litigation!   Well, the upshot is that in that picture taken, possibly with his parasitic twin, Groggy, Greggy looks none the worse for wear, a happy ending after all.

Edited by James J Johnson