• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a market for Western comics any more?
3 3

360 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

And like has been said a bit, violent western covers can probably be considered keys.  I'd grab this one in decent grade in a heart-beat, and I find westerns (in my opinion) kinda boring.

123.jpg

Reminds me a little of an EC. You guys are making me want to expand my single western box...

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Former Dodger baseball player!

Speaking of the Dodgers, I saw Don Drysdale on "Lawman" last night.  Acting wasn't great but it was an interesting guest appearance.  He spent most of the time in jail while his father tried to break him out.  Dad was played by Robert Armstrong who starred as the jungle movie director in the 1933 version of "King Kong".

39 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

Speaking of the Dodgers, I saw Don Drysdale on "Lawman" last night.  Acting wasn't great but it was an interesting guest appearance.  He spent most of the time in jail while his father tried to break him out.  Dad was played by Robert Armstrong who starred as the jungle movie director in the 1933 version of "King Kong".

Remember the Brady Bunch episode with him - yes, I watched the Brady Bunch and I had a thing for Marcia :luhv:

1 hour ago, BB-Gun said:

I got to see Drysdale pitch as a kid. What a master at intimidating batters. But Kofax was and still is my favorite Dodger. Still looking good! :luhv:

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I got to see Drysdale pitch as a kid. What a master at intimidating batters. But Kofax was and still is my favorite Dodger. Still looking good! :luhv:

I went to see a double header with Whitey Ford pitching against the Tigers.  I think he beat Jim Bunning in that game.

My Tigers never got to face Koufax or Drysdale but those Dodgers had a reputation for being the best in the game.  Bunning also pitched in Philly.

2470968369_a22312489d_o.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On 2/26/2019 at 12:00 PM, MrBedrock said:

If they are photo cover Fawcett, DC or Dell type westerns (Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Hopalong, Jimmy Wakely etc.) I don't think you would gain enough from a press and slab to make it worthwhile.

On 2/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, MrBedrock said:

rifleman10.jpg

Richard;

Since I always tend to hold your opinions in high value, I am willing to bite the bullet and take this low demand book off your hands.

Especially since it is a Dell photo cover Western and as you have correctly stated above, must be worthless in today's marketplace.  :takeit: