• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a market for Western comics any more?
3 3

360 posts in this topic

many parallels to romance

dominated the business at one point, becoming virtually extinct

a substantial minority were photocovers

inexpensive compared to other genres, with many many outstanding books in the mix

at the bottom of the collecting hierarchy, with romance/western photocovers being the ultimate drek?  hmmm, maybe promos have that distinction, come to think of it.

in other words...collecting challenge accepted!

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

romance/western photocovers being the ultimate drek?

:cloud9:

Two of the books that started this thread...(they are every bit as nice as Gadzukes described them to be)...

westernfightersv2-1.jpg

westernfightersv2-5.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I wait for someone to do a dissertation on all of the things culturally wrong with this comic book.

He shouldn't save the guy from the stampede? 

Just now, PKJ said:
2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I wait for someone to do a dissertation on all of the things culturally wrong with this comic book.

He shouldn't save the guy from the stampede? 

You really need to read the story, see the book as a whole, and especially see the Ralston cereal ad on the back cover before you comment any further.

5 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

You really need to read the story, see the book as a whole, and especially see the Ralston cereal ad on the back cover before you comment any further.

LOL. Golly I has trouble keeping up.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:
9 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

TomMix04bc100_zpse709e2f1.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Reading "razzmatazz" made my day. Hadn't heard that in a loooong time.

These books are great and tough in grade. Thank Lionel! Though it seems he died last year @ 88 :sorry: