• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a market for Western comics any more?
3 3

360 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2019 at 9:00 PM, mlansdown said:

I'm not much for the Western genre but how can you go wrong with a Frank Frazetta baby scalping cover? 

Did I just say that out loud?

Straight Arrow 22 CGC 6.0.jpg

That is crazy! :fear:

I've picked up quite a few westerns around were I live. Actually it seems I have more people bidding against me on westerns than super hero comics. I figure it comes from being in rural area and the western genre is still going pretty strong here. Lots of zane grey books, john wayne movie posters, western prints etc in estate auctions.

2 hours ago, unclezebo said:

Even though its a photo cover I've always liked this one. I think its the bright yellow cover and the special stamp.

mix3.thumb.jpg.1da07da64acf3d145ededfa2c472ff09.jpg

The "Special" stamp on your book reminds me of a huge lot of this issue I found. Two full shopping bags full of all the same issue! They all had the same "Special" stamp on them. I was told they were given away as prizes to kids going to the movies in the early 1950's.

hoppycomics.jpg