• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a market for Western comics any more?
3 3

360 posts in this topic

Bobby Benson 14

Tim Holt 30

Straight Arrow 3 & 22

The Frazetta Ghost Rider covers (help here)

Gunfighter 14

Two-Run Kid 60

Rawhide Kid 17

Kid Colt 108

That's top of my head. Many, many boardies can do MUCH better!

Yes, I realize some of it is silver...

Edited by Readcomix

Almost forgot to show my newest western that arrived today...and in 2019 I picked up 14 GA westerns (excluding Fiction House Rangers), and so far this year I've added three more...so I guess there still is a market for them.

49421439441_811fb575bc_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

About a decade ago I bought a "lot" of 200 Western "Front Covers" on ebay for about $1 each.  I tucked them away and never really looked at them again, until the virus hit and I've been trying to make some money until I can work again (I'm an entertainer).

The covers are in pretty nice shape except on the spine edges.  A boardie pointed out to me that they appear to be from the "New Hampshire Pedigree" collection.  I've been slowly selling them on ebay and here on the boards for $4 to $5 each.

Today I pulled out some new ones to sell and this cover showed up.  Not bad for a $1 buy.  I can't believe I didn't even know I had it.

Should I just leave it as is, or should I find a lower grade copy and have this nice cover grafted to it?

IMG_1191.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't think I have ever seen it. Nice, tight copy and blinding white!

Yes, it's a gorgeous unpressed copy.  But, there's an imperfection on Lil's right knee.  I think it's a printing flaw in the ink, but it comes across as a color touch.