• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a market for Western comics any more?
3 3

360 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I like cool or colorful western covers...but I'm not a western collector...

Being from Arizona would you say you were a southwestern collector?

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Western Fighters v2 1 & v2 5

I would be interested in buying these two from you. Save yourself the cost of pressing and please shoot me a price. Thanks.

As has been said. In general Westerns (especially big star western star photo covers) are a hard sell. That being said, I brought about a half a box of real high grade ones to the Yorba Linda show at the request of a customer. Sold most of them to two eager buyers at a substantial discount to guide of course. I don't buy any of those any more.

6 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Ooooohhhh, Frazetta!!!! That perked me right up.  I may have to test the waters with that one.

I'd rather have it raw so the story can be read.  The cover of Durango 2 is an uninspiring photo.  No point to CGCing it.

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Everything 9.0 or higher

Dell Lone Ranger 39 40 48 49 52 

Red Ryder 92 93 107 109 

Durango Kid 2

Black Diamond 11 & 16

Cowboy Western 24 & 25

Western Hero 81 84 85 86 87 88

Western Fighters v2 1 & v2 5

Gene Autry 69

Prize Western 78

The Black Diamond 16 has the first Bing Bang Buster by Basil Wolverton; there might be some interest in that one.  But the odds are good the person would want it unslabbed so they can see the story.