• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTH

51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

I had the same screen pop up a few hours ago.  Figured the mods decided to go scortched earth. 

Maybe you guys are all too high tech? I'm using an old Commodore 64 from before the flood, with dial up no less, and I've had nothing but smooth sailing! In fact, if anything, the pages are loading faster than ever!

5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Maybe you guys are all too high tech? I'm using an old Commodore 64 from before the flood, with dial up no less, and I've had nothing but smooth sailing! In fact, if anything, the pages are loading faster than ever!

Screenshot.

I dare you.:baiting:

Just now, The Brain said:
4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

@dena   

Any news for us Dena? Looks like some upgrade went through yesterday and we now have lots of data missing while the indexing catches up?

Yes, what is going on??(shrug)

The last time this happened was when the journals merged. It took a long time for the indexing to finish that time and this is looking like another significant event, so until it finishes running, lots of data will be missing making the boards more or less unusable. I feel sorry for anyone trying to run a sales thread right now. I was half way through a big post yesterday when it happened and lost it as there was no notice (hurray! you cry). In the past, the admin team would let us know when this kind of thing was going to happen. They didn't with the journals though, and they didn't this time either. That's a shame, as it causes a lot of unnecessary upheaval / confusion and is just another reason to give this place up really. One announcement from Dena, Scott or, God forbid, Arch (remember him?) and none of these posts would have been necessary. 

@Scott =) - who forgot the announcement this time? 

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

I have nothing new to add, but I also got the error this morning and I DEMAND TO BE HEARD! rantrant

Say again, I didn't quite catch that. You say you're as mad as hell, and you're not going to take it anymore? Is that right?

• Administrator

Hi everyone! Here's a quick update:

The boards host has been making updates to our setup, without necessarily notifying us ahead of time :cry:. Some of the changes they've made have led to periods of unavailability, but it looks like we're OK for now.

One change triggered all posts to be re-indexed. This is a good thing long term, but re-indexing posts takes time. It typically runs for several days.

The boards host may be making additional updates from now through Sunday. I'm working to get a better understanding of impact and exact timeframe.

---

We're also going to be updating the Boards to version 4.4.0 soon. It's supposed to improve performance among other benefits... including a fix for display name history :smile:

As with any boards upgrade, there may be unintended impacts. Upgrading PMG to 4.4.0 is already underway, and we're working to find issues and get them fixed. After that, we'll upgrade NGC... and then CGC. Upgrading PMG/NGC first helps us minimize the impact on this bigger community.

Thank you for your patience, and sorry for any inconveniences you've been experiencing lately.

Scott

yeah these errors have nothing to do with which browser you're using, but everyone should be using Edge* anyway

*by Edge i mean literally anything but

56 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Hi everyone! Here's a quick update:

The boards host has been making updates to our setup, without necessarily notifying us ahead of time :cry:. Some of the changes they've made have led to periods of unavailability, but it looks like we're OK for now.

One change triggered all posts to be re-indexed. This is a good thing long term, but re-indexing posts takes time. It typically runs for several days.

The boards host may be making additional updates from now through Sunday. I'm working to get a better understanding of impact and exact timeframe.

---

We're also going to be updating the Boards to version 4.4.0 soon. It's supposed to improve performance among other benefits... including a fix for display name history :smile:

As with any boards upgrade, there may be unintended impacts. Upgrading PMG to 4.4.0 is already underway, and we're working to find issues and get them fixed. After that, we'll upgrade NGC... and then CGC. Upgrading PMG/NGC first helps us minimize the impact on this bigger community.

Thank you for your patience, and sorry for any inconveniences you've been experiencing lately.

Scott

Thanks.

One question will we know when you know???