• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub mariner
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Nice score. Yes, I believe it’s original and a great book. First thing you do is open it up, read it, smell it and take in all that GA goodness. The only reason you need to have it graded is if you want to flip it. Believe me it would spend the rest of my days in a shiny new Mylar in my Timely boxes...  Congrats!

When you say smaller you mean not golden sized more like silver sized? I was going through my Atlas Subbys and I have two issue 34 & 35 which are def smaller than rest . They def are not trimmed in any way just were produced that way . 

when I grade these will the case be smaller or better question are golden CGC graded books slightly larger in the slab? 

14 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Has this one been trimmed by any chance?

You can Google images of graded copies.  Some copies of SM #17 show a bit more of the right side, but given the typical production cut of this issue this appears to be within the margin of error.  

Note: The right bottom corner does look odd in the photo, but that may just be an image distortion caused by a slight forward bend on the bottom right edge as indicated by both back and front cover images.  Barring other issues, that book might press to better than mid-grade.  Since it's been over a year since the original post, I wonder if it's been graded in the interim?   hm

On 2/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, pemart1966 said:

Has this one been trimmed by any chance?

I can't tell from the pictures whether the right edge has the normal V shape. (I'm not even convinced that CGC can always detect trimming, especially if someone flattens a book before trimming it so that the V is still there and then dirties the new edge a little.)