• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading is currently strict Ver 2.0 aka my grading skills suck.
1 1

63 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I believed they were all 9.4 candidates and the x-men I thought had a chance at 9.6. (shrug)  I guess I'm the guy you want to be going against in the upcoming grading contest.

20190227_161958.jpg

20190227_161946.jpg

Thats about what i do... my one vengeance of bane that i thought was 9.6/9.8 came back 9.2...

And the vengeance of bane I thought was 8.0/8.5 came back 9.0...

Win some lose some :foryou:

Personally I see books in store that look nice for the price and that's what I buy and send to CGC raw..... if I buy online I only usually buy slabbed...

My point is, I don't mind the grades I get most of the time because of the price I paid ;)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

55 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nice couch.

Its in NM condition and for sale. PM for details.

I was anticipating putting up the books when I got them. When I saw the deflated grades I only felt it right to post them anyways. Post the good and the bad. That's the way it works.

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

At least all labels are Blue. I know one day I'll get my 1st  PLOD. Only a matter of time.

:cry:

45 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

What did you learn?  What do you think you will do differently?

Look for small folds which seems to be the common flaw amongst all the books. Also check for fingerprints which I'm sure killed the x-men grade as its noted in 2 areas.

40 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Look for small folds which seems to be the common flaw amongst all the books. Also check for fingerprints which I'm sure killed the x-men grade as its noted in 2 areas.

So if you saw the folds before buying would you have still bought them and pressed them rolling the dice?  Or would you have passed?

As far as fingerprints are concerned I got one of those books too.  But it has a black cover, Star Wars 1.  The thing is I can't see them at all!  I don't know what the heck they are talking about. Hence my infamous INVISIBLE FINGERPRINTS thread lol...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_71c.jpg.b261cebf73220187d3a28e94380d69c8.jpg

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

How can you tell? You can't even see the back covers.

Well people say they look like 9.8s when they look at front and back slabs and they cant see the pages!!!!  Maybe someone scribbled inside!!

Just now, kav said:

Well people say they look like 9.8s when they look at front and back slabs and they cant see the pages!!!!  Maybe someone scribbled inside!!

That’s not how it works.