• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Adventure Comics #431

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering what grade do you think this is? I may consider pressing this comic at some point if that may help increase the grading?

Also on a completely unrelated note, if a comic has a name on it, such as "John", which I happened to find in another comic of my recently, will it still be universal?

All comments are welcomed.

ADVENTURE2.thumb.jpg.0da299de9b21f06b77fd83328dbe0348.jpgADVENTURE1.thumb.jpg.a4b6c93005b92c6aa6007941b62fc4ef.jpg

Spoiler

To my untrained eye, I see a few spine tics and the corners have smallish issues.  Other than that it looks good. to me.

I'd guess 7.0-7.5

From participating in other threads about unverified sigs (search for a Jack Kirby sig thread), CGC can note on the label that 'john doe' write on inside page and it would still be Universal. From your case it  sounds like someone had just written their first name rather than a creator sig.

50 minutes ago, csaag said:
  Hide contents

To my untrained eye, I see a few spine tics and the corners have smallish issues.  Other than that it looks good. to me.

I'd guess 7.0-7.5

From participating in other threads about unverified sigs (search for a Jack Kirby sig thread), CGC can note on the label that 'john doe' write on inside page and it would still be Universal. From your case it  sounds like someone had just written their first name rather than a creator sig.

Yeah the name John is someone just writing their first name, so I was simply wondering would that get a qualified as opposed to an unverified sig?

36 minutes ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Staining on the back cover kills it. 7.0

Thanks <3

Would there be any means of getting rid of that stain?

Edited by Bart Allen