• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond Distribution going Digital

12 posts in this topic

Why buy a digital comic right from the comfort of your couch with the push of a button when you can spend $5 in gas and an hour out of your day to drive down to the LCS and overpay for your copy if you’re lucky enough to even find it there? Then you can go home and begin the exhaustive process of redeeming your copy through some code 

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

The publishers who are participating seems to exclude every publisher you would think of first, second, third, and fourth.

The Top 3 all have deals with other apps or have their own (Comixology, Marvel Unlimited, etc.) Maybe Diamond has the pull to get all the publishers to eventually agree to one platform, one app. I still don't think publishers care about the overall health of the industry. Just their piece of the pie. So maybe not.🙁

I find that my digital comics from Humble Bundle and Comixology always arrive on my desktop in perfect condition.

Given Diamond's incessant habit of delivering product with significant amounts of damage, can I expect digital comic images from them to be dinged with large areas of missing pixels or other unacceptable defects?

Get the computer fixed or replaced, log back into your account, and read your collection again

What do you do aboit your physical collection if your house floods or burns down or gets robbed?

3 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I've bought a few humble bundles and the resolution has always been annoyingly bad. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

Some are better than others.

A Kodansha Manga bundle had high res pages, say around 2 Mb each,  and then 40 Gb in total, whereas others have been quite stingy, such as Valiant at around 300 Kb per page;  easily checked by unzipping a .cbz file.

16 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I've bought a few humble bundles and the resolution has always been annoyingly bad. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

Something else that just occurred to me.

Without an upscaling comic reader app, the pages will look a bit blurry on a tablet, even with larger size images, such as 3Mb.

I would recommend the Chunky app to use with material from Humble Bundle. 

Edited by Ken Aldred