• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double the Size! Double the Thrills! Double the Cover! ASM #200

20 posts in this topic

So, it's amazing the little comic things that entertain me... I bought ASM#200 for my nephew's birthday. Looked like a 9.0/9.2 in the bag and it was only $9. I got home, removed it from the bag and what do I discover? It has 2 covers. And this is the first time in almost 40 years of collecting I ever stumbled across a double cover. The outer cover is completely loose with no staple marks. (Light is reflecting off a bit in picture.)

Assuming it's worth the normal 9.2?

ASM200.JPG

ASM200-2.JPG

Wow Nice.  The giant size dbl cvrs are even more rare!  (I think-I dont see em very often).

Double your money! :flipbait:

15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That would make sense, since the cover was glued on. I wonder how CGC deals with those, since the cover isn't attached by anything? Very cool.

CGC treats square bound double covers the same way they treat non-square bound double covers. 

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
11 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

CGC treats square bound double covers the same way they treat non-square bound double covers. 

hm

Have you submitted square bound double covers, second cover unattached?

You'll have to wait for March Madness to begin to get an answer. 

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Found this in my collection.

IMG_20190228_211312673.thumb.jpg.862c126a11ee98a16f7b5b23c1bba50c.jpg

Wow the top cut a bad haircut!!