• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collector Intervention
3 3

140 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, kav said:

Who said I dont like it?  Go have another cookie for that one! lol 

Ps wut about the ludicrous nonsense you posted in the Kirby sig thread?  Does ludicrous mean something different in Canada?  lol

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/447382-kirby-verified-signature/

No, he is still an offensive rapper from the USA here in Canada as well.

Ludacris.jpg

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

No, he is still an offensive rapper from the USA here in Canada as well.

Ludacris.jpg

:flipbait:

11 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

He was probably paid to be a consultant, and if not he got advertising of his store on television. ^^

his store wasn't mentioned. he didn't indentify himself. just some guy selling an avengers #1. (Reece didn't sell, Pawn Stars offer price too low)

If he's around these parts, I'd love to hear his story

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

his store wasn't mentioned. he didn't indentify himself. just some guy selling an avengers #1. (Reece didn't sell, Pawn Stars offer price too low)

If he's around these parts, I'd love to hear his story

ah yes now I remember the episode. Didn't recognize him.

Staged event?

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

ah yes now I remember the episode. Didn't recognize him.

Staged event?

We cant verify anything.

4 minutes ago, NoMan said:

i wouldn't have either unless I was deep into comics. 

if memory serves he had a GSXM 1 as well?

I recall a different episode of Pawn Stars with Hulk 1-6.

Edited by Artboy99

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

if memory serves he had a GSXM 1 as well?

I'll find it on Youtube if I can. I'm that bored and don't want to go to this stupid party my wife is making me go to. 

GREG WE NEED YOU TO TESTIFY HERE!!!  FAKE OR NOT!

"You can grade them and I can grade them and it doesn't mean anything in the real world," says the monkey from Pawn Stars. Um, yeah, I think I'd take Greg's grading over yours. 

Edited by NoMan

7 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Hulk 181 in supposedly 9.0 condition.

He never even checked the comic it was as if "Oh sure just give me it!" the sales person tries to hold his expression from sniggering, thinking "The fool the Marvel stamp is missing and the centrefold is detached." No, I myself intend on dropping dead on my comics and let someone else worry what to do with them.:devil::roflmao:

20c0195934757df8c741ba541ee774f43490115c_hq.jpg

Here is the thing... 

There are a couple of people that do not have the resources to buy some of the key books that they want.  I honestly don't know how to respond to people anymore when they tell me that they wish they could afford a $1000 book when they are standing in front of boxes of comics that they shell out $150 a week for.  There is a guy at my LCS that spends that a week but laments that he wishes he could afford certain Golden Age books and certain keys. 

Since the individual 'wishes' he could afford some of the stuff I will buy from time to time I have told him that perhaps he should stop buying every modern that comes out each week. He says he cannot.  Ok then.

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

he should stop buying every modern that comes out each week. He says he cannot.

Aha! There's the problem I faced, at the beginning of my collecting the Spider-man runs I had bought many second hand as drek then in the late 80's then I started a pull list and by the end I was paying £3.50 each lucky for me I only collected Spider-man titles that belonged to the runs. However in a moment of madness I bought the entire Civil war Secret Wars and World War Hulk series, it cost me a fortune for just these runs and I was left with comics NO one wanted! However I'm an Irishman with the gift of the gab and so I ended up making a profit selling at a local comic con! "Ah as sure as me names Cryptkeeper...You'll make a fortune with the next movie to be sure Begorrah heh heh".:devil:    

54146267-cartoon-pot-of-gold-with-shamrocks-vector-illustration-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

11 minutes ago, gregreece said:

Hi everyone,

I had an absolute blast filming the Pawn Stars episode. Yes, the show is scripted but quite candidly, not nearly as much as you might think. Basically, they give you 3-4 highlights they want you to cover and the rest is freestyle, which is great, because there is 0 chance I could remember that many lines anyway :ohnoez:. The price negotiation is very real but no, I didn't care if I sold a book or not. I was the first "comic guy" (meaning an actual dealer) to appear on the show (there have been several since), and what's not known is, I was auditioning to be the "comic expert", not just a "man on the street". In the time we hooked the details up (nearly 3 months as outlined below), Pawn Stars discovered CGC and made them the experts (I believe Paul Litch has been featured on every comicbook episode since?), before I ever flew to Vegas. That said, my wife and I made a vacation of it and having been a fan of the show for years, it was a no brainer to fly to the desert and spend 4 days in the warm November sunshine. Another little known fact is we almost blew the history channel off when they first reached out. I was sure it was one of my friends playing a joke and didn't take the initial inquiry all that seriously. In the end, it took 3 months from their initial e-mail to actually film the show, and another 7 months from that until it aired. It took about 6 hours to film the scene you ultimately saw but it was one of the fastest 6 hours of my life. I was fascinated with how they filmed my hands, had me make certain motions, etc, much of it long after Rick was gone. Speaking of Rick, he does not translate well on TV, no doubt. Many, many people were thrilled that I effectively told him to "pack sand" on his offers because he comes across as rude and abrupt. In between shoots, he's the consummate gentleman and is passionate about history. He is very knowledgeable in that area and there is no "expert" feeding him information in that arena. He asked me inbetween scenes, "what do you do for a living"?. He almost fell over when I said "I sell comic books". That's when I knew we were in the 1st inning of a 9 inning game! Another interesting thing to note is the Pawn Shop has a duplicate "shop" in the back of the store where the scenes are filmed. So when I showed up I told the guy at the front of the regular shop (there was a huge line to get in), why I was there. I was quickly ushered through the store, through the warehouse and into the green room. I was pretty nervous in the green room but once I got onto the set it just became very natural. Another interesting note about the show is there is no "door from the street". There is a high watt lamp behind a fake door and the scene always starts with the "man on the street" walking in. The film crew gets the extras by going into the real Pawn Shop and calling out for any volunteers to be in the scene. They are given strict instructions to mill around, but make no sounds or eye contact with the "man on the street". The episode debuted during the Wizard Philly Con the next summer and to say my phone blew up would be an understatement. I understand it has since aired 50+ times in 100+ countries. Just amazing!. Pawn Stars asked us back for another scene but I felt like there was simply no way to top the fun I had the first time (not to mention Maryland to Nevada is a far piece of travel) so I reluctantly passed. Best to all, Greg

Rick should have gone 3300!  lol 

2 minutes ago, kav said:
14 minutes ago, gregreece said:

Hi everyone,

I had an absolute blast filming the Pawn Stars episode. Yes, the show is scripted but quite candidly, not nearly as much as you might think. Basically, they give you 3-4 highlights they want you to cover and the rest is freestyle, which is great, because there is 0 chance I could remember that many lines anyway :ohnoez:. The price negotiation is very real but no, I didn't care if I sold a book or not. I was the first "comic guy" (meaning an actual dealer) to appear on the show (there have been several since), and what's not known is, I was auditioning to be the "comic expert", not just a "man on the street". In the time we hooked the details up (nearly 3 months as outlined below), Pawn Stars discovered CGC and made them the experts (I believe Paul Litch has been featured on every comicbook episode since?), before I ever flew to Vegas. That said, my wife and I made a vacation of it and having been a fan of the show for years, it was a no brainer to fly to the desert and spend 4 days in the warm November sunshine. Another little known fact is we almost blew the history channel off when they first reached out. I was sure it was one of my friends playing a joke and didn't take the initial inquiry all that seriously. In the end, it took 3 months from their initial e-mail to actually film the show, and another 7 months from that until it aired. It took about 6 hours to film the scene you ultimately saw but it was one of the fastest 6 hours of my life. I was fascinated with how they filmed my hands, had me make certain motions, etc, much of it long after Rick was gone. Speaking of Rick, he does not translate well on TV, no doubt. Many, many people were thrilled that I effectively told him to "pack sand" on his offers because he comes across as rude and abrupt. In between shoots, he's the consummate gentleman and is passionate about history. He is very knowledgeable in that area and there is no "expert" feeding him information in that arena. He asked me inbetween scenes, "what do you do for a living"?. He almost fell over when I said "I sell comic books". That's when I knew we were in the 1st inning of a 9 inning game! Another interesting thing to note is the Pawn Shop has a duplicate "shop" in the back of the store where the scenes are filmed. So when I showed up I told the guy at the front of the regular shop (there was a huge line to get in), why I was there. I was quickly ushered through the store, through the warehouse and into the green room. I was pretty nervous in the green room but once I got onto the set it just became very natural. Another interesting note about the show is there is no "door from the street". There is a high watt lamp behind a fake door and the scene always starts with the "man on the street" walking in. The film crew gets the extras by going into the real Pawn Shop and calling out for any volunteers to be in the scene. They are given strict instructions to mill around, but make no sounds or eye contact with the "man on the street". The episode debuted during the Wizard Philly Con the next summer and to say my phone blew up would be an understatement. I understand it has since aired 50+ times in 100+ countries. Just amazing!. Pawn Stars asked us back for another scene but I felt like there was simply no way to top the fun I had the first time (not to mention Maryland to Nevada is a far piece of travel) so I reluctantly passed. Best to all, Greg

Rick should have gone 3300!  lol 

Now with context, prefer it that way, I watched the video. Glad you stuck to your guns! Made like it had substance to their worth, rather than I'm just trying to offload because I found them. There is a lot to be said for that, though I'm not articulate enough :shy: The Fame didn't get in the way of love for the hobby and all that stuff lol !!!

7 minutes ago, kav said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Now with context

:roflmao:

lol :baiting:I don't have cable and don't really watch the show, but I didn't know what their all about lol but I've see clips....figured it was akin to Antique Roads Show

I've seen the Pawn Stars in the "Life-lock" commercial more than the actual show......

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol :baiting:I don't have cable and don't really watch the show, but I didn't know what their all about lol but I've see clips....figured it was akin to Antique Roads Show

I've seen the Pawn Stars in the "Life-lock" commercial more than the actual show......

I hate it when Rick giggles at his own 'jokes'.