• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Seeding Round
8 8

339 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2019 at 4:02 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 3/7/2019 at 4:40 AM, Point Five said:

Yep! The first round ends Sunday.

Well, about that...

I subbed two batches of books: Moderns and Economy.  Received by CGC on 12/28.  The Moderns came back super quickly.

The Economy sub moved to "Scheduled for Grading" on March 1st.  And it's still there. 

So we may be waiting for CGC to get these out the door to get grades.

Just a reminder that we're waiting on CGC for grades on the pre-1975 books.  Pre-1975 books have been sitting at "Scheduled for Grading" since March 1st. 

3 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Just a reminder that we're waiting on CGC for grades on the pre-1975 books.  Pre-1975 books have been sitting at "Scheduled for Grading" since March 1st. 

I have about 28 PGX books in the crossover special that moved to "Scheduled for Grading" about then too.  Hope yours get done first.  :wishluck:

12 hours ago, toro said:
15 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I have about 28 PGX books in the crossover special that moved to "Scheduled for Grading" about then too.  Hope yours get done first.  :wishluck:

I could have sworn that CGC changed there check in status's..... they no longer have "recieved" or "verified", it immediately goes to "scheduled for grading"....

:makepoint: my point is that it "could" be a longer wait than anticipated :eek: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I could have sworn that CGC changed there check in status's..... they no longer have "recieved" or "verified", it immediately goes to "scheduled for grading"....

Mine started as verified in January and then around March 1st it went to Scheduled for Grading"

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
12 hours ago, toro said:
15 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The Moderns (received 12/28) spent a while at Verified before moving to Scheduled for Grading.  Same with the Economy. 

3 minutes ago, toro said:

Mine started as verified in January and then around March 1st it went to Scheduled for Grading"

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The Moderns (received 12/28) spent a while at Verified before moving to Scheduled for Grading.  Same with the Economy. 

It was mentioned in a thread when it changed.... but don't shoot the messanger, I want to say the change happened around March 1st, which would explain why both of your's changed at the same time.... I'll try and find the thread if it will help... :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

21 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

With all due respect, I wouldn't use the word "foolish".  BUTM puts a load of time, effort, and money into allowing you, I, and 60 other people to have a ton of fun every single year.

Saying that the way he does it is foolish, will only give him incentive to not run this contest anymore.  Instead, let's be encouraging and understanding. 2c 

I am glad Christian plans it close.  The fresher the books are, the better.  It helps to insure a fair contest.  :smile:

Personally, I could use the time...I have an offsite thing for most of the week next week. (But if we get started, it'll be fine. I just finished the Charts.) I'll post them in a bit. We might use a different one each round since it takes the same amount of time basically...

2 minutes ago, sckao said:

Personally, I could use the time...I have an offsite thing for most of the week next week. (But if we get started, it'll be fine. I just finished the Charts.) I'll post them in a bit. We might use a different one each round since it takes the same amount of time basically...

Pretty glad you stuck around I was worried.  Your efforts are appreciated as I'm sure you know. 

Using LAST YEAR's BRACKET A.. so don't read anything into the bracket... :baiting: :slapfight:

Some Prototypes: (Keeping them small on purpose... They'll be huge when it starts.)

Let's see if this works... I don't want to host it offsite yet.

cgc-2019-mm-bracket-proto2.jpg

cgc-2019-mm-bracket-proto1.jpg

cgc-2019-mm-bracket-proto3.jpg

Edited by sckao

That's your Seeding Round Score based on how well you do grading the 10 books at the beginning of this thread.

We use Wins and Losses to approximate the NCAA March Madness tournament teams' overall record used for SEEDING.

Seeds are ranked from 1 to 16 with Top Seeds playing lower seeds just like the basketball tournament.

If you look at last year's Bracket A, the Number 1 Seeds had BYES which meant they advanced to the Second Round automatically. This happens when we do not have enough players to pair up each contestant.

Edited by sckao