• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Input for Super-boy #3 Comic Published in Canada

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm just rediscovering my comic collection and finding a lot of useful information from these forums. I've never had a comic graded or pressed (just found out about what pressing is today). I'd like to get an idea of what grade the following might get - please note, the comic was published in Canada. I hope I am not attaching too many photos - let me know if so and I will be sure to reduce  it for any other posts.

Thank you.IMG_2729.thumb.jpg.aca047a96838f97feac31e26e9843bb8.jpgIMG_2730.thumb.jpg.8436f68e0a546ccb7508a4267ef271c6.jpgIMG_2732.thumb.jpg.ed487054d5ac7dc9e043284cdd217cf5.jpgIMG_2735.thumb.jpg.83972faf07378a7d6d311b1254d2647e.jpgIMG_2734.thumb.jpg.7f137a61ba254aaf0ffd09bb49952f58.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

Thank you for your ratings and suggestions - yes, here is the back of the comic. Thanks you suggesting pressing - I have started to read about cleaning and pressing and cleaned my first comic and am really surprised this works so well. I hope to try pressing but on not so old comics to being with.

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

I agree with others.  This is a gorgeous GA Canadian.  I'd put it at 7.0-8.0.

I just checked the census and NO Canadian copy of this has been slabbed.  And of the 40 US copies that have been slabbed only 8 are graded higher than 7.0 and only 2 are graded higher than 8.0.

You've got a nice comic there!

25 minutes ago, wlcanada said:

Thank you for this great information gadzukes! As I mentioned, I haven't looked at my collection for many, many years and so much has changed/improved about collecting. 

You've got a lot of great discoveries ahead of you.  We can't wait to see more.

Are a lot of them Canadian copies?  There are some boardies who focus on Canadian copies and they are going to drool over this Superboy 3

This is the only Canadian comic that I have. I stopped collecting late 1970s and wish I had kept them in better shape since then - some are in such bad condition when I first purchased them, lol, I was only 12 years old and so any condition was fine as long as I had the comic :) 

I do have one specific comic I would like to get input from this community on - Spiderman #28. I am unsure  what to do about it if it's a good grade then how does one properly insure it when sending to CGC (I'm scared it could get lost or damaged) or do people manage such comics in person - or maybe, the grade of my comic won't warrant it anyways ? I will take some pictures(front and back this time) and upload them tonight for you all to consider.

12 minutes ago, wlcanada said:

I do have one specific comic I would like to get input from this community on - Spiderman #28. I am unsure  what to do about it if it's a good grade then how does one properly insure it when sending to CGC (I'm scared it could get lost or damaged) or do people manage such comics in person.

Simply insure it for the amount you feel the value is when you send it.  (shrug)

Are you in Canada?  Maybe ask a Canadian boardie what they do.  

sorry if this is getting off topic, but it seems that the value could be so subjective and then if you end having to claim then  that could be an issue - anyways, more research will answer this and I'll share my findings (but under the appropriate forum).

4 hours ago, wlcanada said:

sorry if this is getting off topic, but it seems that the value could be so subjective and then if you end having to claim then  that could be an issue - anyways, more research will answer this and I'll share my findings (but under the appropriate forum).

I use "registered mail" so I know for a fact it will get to CGC safely.  AND I have them send it back the same way.  Because I know it's so safe using Registered, I generally value them conservatively (because CGC charges a lot for high dollar books).  If CGC disagrees with your valuation they will change the invoice.

Edited by gadzukes