• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Reporting Fake Seller on Ebay

38 posts in this topic

When it comes to reporting fraudulent sellers, I have run into a roadblock with Ebay and as a CGC SS comic collector, this frustrates me to no avail. I tried calling their number to report this seller and they wouldn't help me. I asked to speak with a manager and was put on hold for half an hour. I eventually just hung up. I am hoping to gather some help from you guys to combat a fake seller.

If you all could "Report" turtlecrazygirl1999 by clicking on a fake signed comic for sale and clicking "Report Item" maybe Ebay will take us serious when multiple complaints come in about the same seller.

I have been reporting turtlecrazygirl1999 to Ebay for MONTHS due to fake signatures and misuse of the CGC brand name and no action has been taken. This seller has an "unlimited" supply of low grade $1 bin comics with obvious fake Stan Lee signatures that are listed weekly with 24 hour listing times, which results in this scammer pocketing about $500/week. This frustrates me because it's cheating, lying and people who aren't experts in signatures like we are are getting scammed thinking they're getting a real signature for their kid or whatever the case may be. I find it disgusting.

Perhaps if we do the right thing and report these fakes, we can collectively help stop many more scammers in the future.

Apparently ebay doesnt care.  I have been reporting/calling about some guy with a fundraiser on ebay for a long time.  The rep always says yes we do not allow fundraisers thank you so much for reporting this so we can remove listing.  They never do.  Turtlegrl has been mentioned here before.  Its useless to try to get ebay to do something about it.  They supposedly dont allow chance listings either but there are grab bags up the yin yang.  Calling/reporting does NOTHING.

1 hour ago, seredynskib said:

When it comes to reporting fraudulent sellers, I have run into a roadblock with Ebay and as a CGC SS comic collector, this frustrates me to no avail. I tried calling their number to report this seller and they wouldn't help me. I asked to speak with a manager and was put on hold for half an hour. I eventually just hung up. I am hoping to gather some help from you guys to combat a fake seller.

If you all could "Report" turtlecrazygirl1999 by clicking on a fake signed comic for sale and clicking "Report Item" maybe Ebay will take us serious when multiple complaints come in about the same seller.

I have been reporting turtlecrazygirl1999 to Ebay for MONTHS due to fake signatures and misuse of the CGC brand name and no action has been taken. This seller has an "unlimited" supply of low grade $1 bin comics with obvious fake Stan Lee signatures that are listed weekly with 24 hour listing times, which results in this scammer pocketing about $500/week. This frustrates me because it's cheating, lying and people who aren't experts in signatures like we are are getting scammed thinking they're getting a real signature for their kid or whatever the case may be. I find it disgusting.

Perhaps if we do the right thing and report these fakes, we can collectively help stop many more scammers in the future.

His Stan Lee forgeries have improved somewhat. They're still horrific, but not as horrific as they were when I posted about this seller about 6-9 months ago on this forum. Still the same forger, the handwriting is easily recognizable, and like Tonfulle-84 and other forgers I've called attention to on this forum, I also filed a report with the seller's state attorney general's office. The investigative process is slow on interstate mail fraud, not a real high priority to them, sad to say, but who knows. One of their buyers may be may very well be purchasing items, representing the attorney general's office. That's what they do when building a case, unbeknownst to the seller's of this garbage. They buy it, and give it to their forensics people. Then one day, there's a knock on their door at 4:30 AM, two men wearing suits and one in a policeman's uniform holding an arrest warrant in one of their hands, just like what you see in the movies. .

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, seredynskib said:

Here it is. My thread from almost a year ago on TurtleCrazyGirl1999:

9 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Here it is. My thread from almost a year ago on TurtleCrazyGirl1999:

I want to see her do it and succeed.  But only on key books pre 1965.  She/he needs a little more skin in the game.

8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

His Stan Lee forgeries have improved somewhat. They're still horrific, but not as horrific as they were when I posted about this seller about 6-9 months ago on this forum. Still the same forger, the handwriting is easily recognizable, and like Tonfulle-84 and other forgers I've called attention to on this forum, I also filed a report with the seller's state attorney general's office. The investigative process is slow on interstate mail fraud, not a real high priority to them, sad to say, but who knows. One of their buyers may be may very well be purchasing items, representing the attorney general's office. That's what they do when building a case, unbeknownst to the seller's of this garbage. They buy it, and give it to their forensics people. Then one day, there's a knock on their door at 4:30 AM, two men wearing suits and one in a policeman's uniform holding an arrest warrant in one of their hands, just like what you see in the movies. .

Slow process is an understatement. Apparently this seller has been doing this for over a year! Thanks for pointing this out, JJJ.

Obvious forgeries aside, I don’t understand how this garbage seller continues to abuse “search manipulation” and “misusing a brand name” by adding ‘CGC it!’ to every listing.... 

Edited by seredynskib

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

After all this time, you'd think someone would've used the VSP across the street? Apparently not, though, because he has 100% positive?

There's at least two major autograph authenticators who their books can be sent to aside from the option across the street, in fact, those two majors have authenticated proabably 1000X more pieces, in all genres, than the company you mentioned. Of course, CGC provides signature service that actually documents the signing with an eyewitness account, much like a notary verifies that the signer is the same as appears on the documents being signed. For unwitnessed signatures, there are multiple good services available for authentication of already signed materials.

37 minutes ago, topcat54 said:

This guy is making tons of money

Huge profit margin. He's greedy and stupid though. 46 bargain box quality signed Stan Lee forgeries all listed for auction simultaneously? Some selling for as little as $19.95? All it will take is one sale for him to be in a situation where every penny he's made will have to be spent and more on legal/criminal expenses. One sale. He's sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of forged pieces and his life will be turned upside down, made a living hell from one $19.95 sale! To someone he doesn't suspect is an investigator or the wife of one!! And if he were to stop cold today, and cap his pens, it wouldn't matter. His bad ink is already out there. The interstate mail fraud already committed! Who he sold to, for how much, and whether or not the books he bought were signed when he bought them, and where and when, Investigators will get his financial records quickly. Long statue of limitations on interstate mail fraud! He's laughing all the way to the bank now, but that laughter can turn to weeping and gnashing of teeth in a heartbeat. All it takes is one $19.95 sale!! And the rest of the junk he's peddled comes crashing down with that $19.95 sale!

I've been watching and documenting all of his sales for over a year! Fed it all, updating files I already sent, to the proper investigative agencies. Proven that his signatures are forgeries by sending authentication failure letters from services that I've paid (not much) to view his listings, so not just my opinion. Sent these investigators dozens of example of Stan Lee's handwriting from in-person signings at different periods!  If and when they're ready to pull down the curtain on him and others I've done likewise, they already have a flying start that I have provided. For now, it's wait and see if the seeds take that I've planted and keep watering monthly.

14 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Huge profit margin. He's greedy and stupid though. 46 bargain box quality signed Stan Lee forgeries all listed for auction simultaneously? Some selling for as little as $19.95? All it will take is one sale for him to be in a situation where every penny he's made will have to be spent and more on legal/criminal expenses. One sale. He's sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of forged pieces and his life will be turned upside down, made a living hell from one $19.95 sale! To someone he doesn't suspect is an investigator or the wife of one!! And if he were to stop cold today, and cap his pens, it wouldn't matter. His bad ink is already out there. The interstate mail fraud already committed! Who he sold to, for how much, and whether or not the books he bought were signed when he bought them, and where and when, Investigators will get his financial records quickly. Long statue of limitations on interstate mail fraud! He's laughing all the way to the bank now, but that laughter can turn to weeping and gnashing of teeth in a heartbeat. All it takes is one $19.95 sale!! And the rest of the junk he's peddled comes crashing down with that $19.95 sale!

I've been watching and documenting all of his sales for over a year! Fed it all, updating files I already sent, to the proper investigative agencies. Proven that his signatures are forgeries by sending authentication failure letters from services that I've paid (not much) to view his listings, so not just my opinion. Sent these investigators dozens of example of Stan Lee's handwriting from in-person signings at different periods!  If and when they're ready to pull down the curtain on him and others I've done likewise, they already have a flying start that I have provided. For now, it's wait and see if the seeds take that I've planted and keep watering monthly.

It is a great job that you done.  I would think Stan Lee's Company should be doing this.  It is still a big corporation even though he is gone.

1 hour ago, spidermanbeyond said:

It is a great job that you done.  I would think Stan Lee's Company should be doing this.  It is still a big corporation even though he is gone.

Believe me, Stan's company has the same files I sent to State AG's offices!   CCed the info to relevant agencies, and I update it regularly, including Stan's agency. I have the images of every book he's listed for the past year, and with them, I do explain why it can't be Stan's signature. I'm sure that they know they're looking at all forgeries, aside from my evidence and analyses. They may be actively pursuing it now, who knows? It may be important to them, it may not. Time will tell when and if it is important, and his world turns to garbage, like his forgeries.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Believe me, Stan's company has the same files I sent to State AG's offices!   CCed the info to relevant agencies, and I update it regularly, including Stan's agency. I have the images of every book he's listed for the past year, and with them, I do explain why it can't be Stan's signature. I'm sure that they know they're looking at all forgeries, aside from my evidence and analyses. They may be actively pursuing it now, who knows? It may be important to them, it may not. Time will tell when and if it is important, and his world turns to garbage, like his forgeries.

Do the folks you notified seem interested?  Like asking for more info?  Or just ok thx.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Some seem very interested, but let's remember; it's their job to appear interested, whether they really are or not!

If they ask for more info they are interested.  Otherwise not.

9 minutes ago, kav said:

Do the folks you notified seem interested?  Like asking for more info?  Or just ok thx.

Kav, what's astounding to me is that for a forger specializing in one signature, I've never seen the like of just how horrible he is at his "craft". I've seen cast posters with 20 different forgeries on it by the same forger and they're all better than this forger's one Stan Lee. How bad are his Lees? Bad enough that if on trial, his attorney won't be able to find one autograph expert in the field with any type of decent credentials to say that any of Stan Lee forgeries might be authentic, in their opinion! That's how bad. They'd make a fool out of themselves if they did.

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I appreciate your efforts! It truly makes me sick that unsuspecting people are spending tens of thousands of dollars on this one seller's forgeries.

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Some did. Those are the ones I'm updating regularly.

Hey what happened?  All the fakes have been pulled.  Someone point them at this thread?