• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Reporting Fake Seller on Ebay

38 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Maybe the group reporting to Ebay worked.  I reported several auctions.  I know they will pull  "CGC IT"  as keyword spamming if they get around to it.

Possibly-but if so they would just leave that out and repost.  I suspect they saw this thread and felt a chill run down their spine.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Possibly-but if so they would just leave that out and repost.  I suspect they saw this thread and felt a chill run down their spine.

He's not smart enough to stop on his own. Or he would have hung up his pen when he first read of knowledgeable collectors on multiple platforms discussing how untalented and transparently obvious a forger he is.. Had to be the keyword spamming that got the listings pulled, IMO.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

He's not smart enough to stop on his own. Or he would have hung up his pen when he first read of knowledgeable collectors on multiple platforms discussing how untalented and transparently obvious a forger he is.. Had to be the keyword spamming that got the listings pulled, IMO.

If thats true why arent they back?

This seller got on my radar today for dubious "Bill Watterson Calving and Hobbes" sketches. They also have a Stan Lee with quickie Spider-man sketch. https://www.ebay.com/sch/lavelle834/m.html? 

Last week they sold this Bill Watterson Calvin and Hobbes sketch for only $51, so others thought it was dubious as well. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-WATTERSON-CALVIN-HOBBES-ORIGINAL-SKETCH-NOT-SIGNED-RARE-/173807872643?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true 

It's disappointing so many of these sellers keep popping up on eBay.

5 minutes ago, Madman1138 said:

This seller got on my radar today for dubious "Bill Watterson Calving and Hobbes" sketches. They also have a Stan Lee with quickie Spider-man sketch. https://www.ebay.com/sch/lavelle834/m.html? 

Last week they sold this Bill Watterson Calvin and Hobbes sketch for only $51, so others thought it was dubious as well. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-WATTERSON-CALVIN-HOBBES-ORIGINAL-SKETCH-NOT-SIGNED-RARE-/173807872643?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true 

It's disappointing so many of these sellers keep popping up on eBay.

I had seen that seller's Spidey Stan Lee sketch recently too :( It did look off, there was another one of spidey standing that also looked fishy, somewhere on the internet....

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had seen that seller's Spidey Stan Lee sketch recently too :( It did look off, there was another one of spidey standing that also looked fishy, somewhere on the internet....

Those are the worst watterson fakes I have ever seen.  Didnt even try to use or mimic a brush.  Couldnt fake sig so just left it off.

lol only got $2.25 for this bad fakarooni so he canceled sale!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-blank-sketch-Signed-By-Stan-Lee-VF-NM-/173817733059?oid=173813665704

I messaged "Hey wut happened to all them stan lee sig books?"

No response.  Pretty sure something more is at play here than just us clicking report button.

Just now, kav said:

It really is.

And a video clip featuring John Vernon as Dean Wormer in Animal House couldn't be more appropriate here on the forum. John's was the voice of the Sub-Mariner in the 1966 Sub-Mariner TV cartoon series and likewise the voice of Iron Man in that series!! (worship)

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And a video clip featuring John Vernon as Dean Wormer in Animal House couldn't be more appropriate here on the forum. John's was the voice of the Sub-Mariner in the 1966 Sub-Mariner TV cartoon series and likewise the voice of Iron Man in that series!! (worship)

Tony Stark may make you feel he's a cool exec with a heart of steel, but as Iron Man all jets ablaze, he fights and smites with repulsor rays.

11 hours ago, seredynskib said:

Ugh.... the good news is at least all of the new listings don’t have “CGC it” in the title anymore. Bad news is, how do we prove to an ignorant EBay that these are obviously fakes?

12 hours ago, topcat54 said:

Well Kav if you really want a Stan Lee book they are back up for auction from the same seller. Looks like Ebay don't care.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-SUPER-ACTION-1-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-1977-AVENGERS/223436567120?hash=item3405db7250:g:9ncAAOSwTmxcfc0r

Like I said, the seller is too stupid to stop. You know when he'll realize he should have? When the knock comes on his door at 4:30 AM, 3 men standing at his door; 2 wearing suits, one of them holding a document, and one cop holding handcuffs. We've all seen it 1000 times on TV, either on the news or in dramas. During the ride to the stationhouse is when how little talent he really has for forging will dawn on him and how unfetteredly stupid he is. .The laughter at what he's doing and contempt he has for his buyers will soon be replaced by weeping and gnashing of teeth! It's inevitable. Too many forgeries already sold. His bad paper is out there.  (tsk)

Edited by James J Johnson