• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Signatures - How to spot fakes
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Im sure this topic has been covered somewhere in the chats, so forgive me if it has...

If I wanted to purchase a non-verified Stan Lee signature what should I be looking for?

I know what his signature looks like obviously but did he use a certain pen or color ink?

Did he ever sign randomly, meaning not at a signature event etc?

17 minutes ago, moemaya said:

He apparently would sign stuff sent to him at home for free. 

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Clarify why you want a non-verified signature?

As has been explained IN EXHAUSTING DETAIL earlier in this thread, it's none of your business why he wants a non-verified signature.  It's the exact same service!!   False flag,  strawman, yabba dabba doo!

:acclaim:IBTL

:shy:

5 hours ago, moemaya said:

Im sure this topic has been covered somewhere in the chats, so forgive me if it has...

If I wanted to purchase a non-verified Stan Lee signature what should I be looking for?

I know what his signature looks like obviously but did he use a certain pen or color ink?

Look for a yellow label across the top like this:

SAM_4416.jpg

Barring that, write the name yourself if you want an unverified Stan Lee signature.

Edited by jcjames

3 hours ago, jcjames said:

Look for a yellow label across the top like this:

SAM_4416.jpg

Barring that, write the name yourself if you want an unverified Stan Lee signature.

This.   The people who are qualified and expert enough to go deep into detail about the intricacies and how the change through the years are not going to reveal the actual tells for fear of not only educating buyers, but educating and improving forgers' crafts!

CGC signature series is the way to go until such time as you can say you've viewed enough authentic Lee signatures to develop an excellent sense of his track. And can recognize when 1 or more elements of it are off. And I don't mean a dozen or a hundred. I mean the study of his authentic signatures. Studying CGC sig series witnessed Lee signature is a good way to start for signatures of recent vintage (since the start of the Yellow label series).