• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does the icon of the document in the sets mean?

8 posts in this topic

I've noticed two icons in the registry sets, one is of an eye, which is a clickable URL to a picture, but what does the icon that looks like a document mean?

Also if you have a comic that doesn't belong to any existing set, besides requesting a set, is the only way to register is to make your own custom set?

5 minutes ago, BetaRayBill said:

I've noticed two icons in the registry sets, one is of an eye, which is a clickable URL to a picture, but what does the icon that looks like a document mean?

Also if you have a comic that doesn't belong to any existing set, besides requesting a set, is the only way to register is to make your own custom set?

I'm pretty sure those are the winners of previous years' Best in Set Type awards.

49 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

The Document icon represents that Notes are present.

My error.  I misread his post.  You're absolutely correct. They're notes added by the person whose registry entry it is, such as designating who signed a yellow label book, pedigree, and other identifiers.

10 minutes ago, cousin itt said:

It means who-ever owns that book has written something about it in the registry in section marked "owner's description".  Click on the cert number to see it.

Thanks! I checked it out but I find it odd for example when they have a picture of the book, and the owner's description says "signed by john doe 4/05" but the picture already shows that on the label - perhaps that description was done before a picture was available and they just left it there?